1.0 The Role
We are looking for an Accountant to support our day-to-day accounting activities including monthly journals entries, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany transactions, tax compliance, annual audit for the Group, fixed asset register. An accounting background and experience in Australia & within a multinational company will be looked upon favourably.
1.1 Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in month-end tasks.
- Process journals including deferred revenue, prepayments, accruals etc. for all. the entities in the Group.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for all the entities in the Group.
- Be responsible for the weekly Cashflow Forecast for the Group.
- Update and maintain the fixed asset register.
- Prepare and reconcile intercompany transactions cross the Group.
- Prepare tax lodgements including GST/VAT, FBT, PAYG, payroll tax and income tax instalment for multi-jurisdictions.
- Participate in annual audits for the entities cross the Group and answer the queries from the auditors.
- Assist the Financial Controller as requested
1.2 Essential Skills:
- 3+ years’ work experience as an accountant or similar role.
- BSc degree in Accounting.
- Experience in journal preparation, balance sheet reconciliation, month end tasks, financial reporting, dealing with auditors and tax compliance requirements.
- Good knowledge of Australian accounting standards and taxation will be looked upon favourably.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (pivot tables, VLookUp, sumifs, etc).
- Familiarity with accounting software e.g. QuickBooks. Reckon Accounts.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors.