Social Media Manager
Job ID 2024-6015
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD/Medscape is looking for a qualified Social Media Marketing Manager to join our Education Marketing Team in the Newark, NJ office or Atlanta, GA office. The Medscape Education Marketing Team produces communications and sales materials in the healthcare education market. This role will be responsible for creating and executing B2B and B2C strategic marketing plans for target healthcare audiences and leading social media efforts for the education team across multiple platforms. The candidate will be comfortable with receiving constructive feedback and demonstrate an ability to take direction.
- Manage a comprehensive B2B and B2C social media marketing plan for the education team
- Manage and maintain all social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Generate high-quality, on-brand content that resonates with the target audience, collaborating with the relevant teams to create visually appealing and shareable content.
- Manage a detailed social media content calendar, ensuring a consistent posting schedule and a variety of content types (images, videos, blog posts, interactive content).
- Collaborate with stakeholder groups to prioritize and integrate with the larger social media strategy for the entire company.
- Plan, host and support live social media events
- Plan and execute paid marketing strategies
- Provide detailed metrics and trends reporting on social media activity
- Be a leader internally about social media and its value to the organization
- Support sales training efforts
Skills and Capabilities:
- Proactive, with a strong sense of self-direction
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage key internal stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused
- Resourceful with ability to quickly take projects from idea to execution
- Strategic and creative thinker, inquisitive and willing to evaluate/change current processes
- Comfortable with presenting to internal and external stakeholders
- 3-5 years of related work experience, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Marketing degree, Diploma in Marketing or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of major social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and experience of marketing across these channels
- Strong understanding of social media analytics and tracking tools to measure campaign success.
- Live social media event experience
- Demonstrated ability to support sales teams
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in Social Media data sources and analysis