Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to realize their full potential and grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. Our certified teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to overcome barriers to education.
The music therapist will provide individual, dyad, and group music therapy, while participating in interdisciplinary treatment planning by developing a music therapy treatment plan, and collaborating with students’ treatment teams. Group/individual supervision, clinical observation, professional development, and responsibilities held in conjunction with special events and agency-wide processes are integrated within the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Observes, assesses, and places students in appropriate expressive therapy service
● Provides individual, dyad, and group music therapy
● Develops expressive therapy treatment plan
● Documents in students’ files according to requirements of regulatory agencies
● Collaborates with treatment team as necessary
● Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
● Provides in-services to team members as appropriate, and in conjunction with expressive therapy team and/or clinical teams
● Actively participates in supervision for music therapist
● Maintains licensure according to state and federal regulations
● Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Music Therapy from AMTA accredited/approved program
● License or license eligible: Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC) and/or Master of Music Therapy (MMT); Master of Music (MM)
● Strong clinical musicianship and strengths-based theoretical framework
● Ability to work independently at multiple sites within the agency
● Ability to communicate effectively with professionals/students/families
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org