Instructional Excel Coach
Catapult Learning, a division of FullBloom, is seeking Part-Time Instructional Coaches for the 2023-2024 school year to work with teachers in the State of New York.
Instructional Coaches facilitate change in teacher's practice so they can diagnose student needs more analytically, plan more productively, and teach more effectively. By creating trusting and growth-focused relationships, coaches collaborate with principals to align instructional practices with school goals.
Instructional Coach Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities may change. Additional responsibilities may be assigned throughout the course of the school year.
- Provide leadership, support, and assistance to all classroom teachers for skillful instruction
- Conduct model lessons, classroom observations, provide "next step" support for teachers
- Assist teachers in building an interactive classroom environment focused on the content and learning strategies embedded in the curricular programs
- Monitor preparation and pacing of instruction to ensure mastery of relevant standards
- Serve as a resource in identifying appropriate instructional strategies and interventions to improve student achievement
- Assist schools with their understanding of student achievement goals using available baseline/historical testing data
- Assist schools with identifying, planning, and undertaking appropriate "next steps teaching" for groups of students as indicated by the assessment process
- Maintain documentation of work with teachers using Catapult Learning's proprietary system
Instructional Coach Qualifications
- Knowledge of Curriculum programs
- At least two years’ experience as a Curriculum Coach preferred
- 5 years' experience teaching preferred
- Excellent research, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently
- Master’s Degree in Education or a related field preferred
- Must have advanced proficiencies with Microsoft Office suite, OneDrive, Zoom, etc.
Catapult Learning is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage candidates who reflect the diversity of our student population to apply.
NYSED desires certified teachers; however, upon individual approval from the non-public school, a non-certified teacher can be hired based upon a credential/experience review. Social workers, mental health counselors, and guidance counselors must be licensed/certified. All on-site staff and any staff with student contact in the virtual programs in NYC must be Personnel Eligibility Tracking System (PETS)-cleared prior to initiating work. Outside NYC, those staff must have background checks performed prior to initiating work.