Accounting Manager (Remote)
Division Accounting Manager (Remote)
About the Company:
The 8,000+ educators and healthcare professionals employed by FullBloom are driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the educational, behavioral and social-emotional welfare of every child with whom we engage, no matter the child’s individual circumstance. We dedicate our careers to improving outcomes for at-risk and struggling youth, including those with learning and emotional disabilities. In doing so, we play a truly crucial role in the lives of children, their families and their communities. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact. Come explore FullBloom and one of its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves.
The Division Accounting Manager will be a key leader in the Corporate Accounting group. This position will report to the Director of Accounting and will have a significant role in the organization. The Division Accounting Manager will be a key business partner with the Division President and Corporate Cost Center Owners. The role will be instrumental in support the field in understanding their performance and driving results. This position will require extensive collaboration with multiple groups including Financial Planning and Analysis, Divisional leadership, and senior management including the Controller and CFO.
Major responsibilities of this position are:
- Oversee the monthly close and reporting process for Our Catapult Learning Division, leading the review of the monthly results as well as the approval of reconciliations and journal entries
- Partner with the Division President and Corporate Cost Center Owners to review the financial performance of the division and support the business
- Support Financial Planning and Analysis in developing Forecasts and Budgets for the division
- Manage and review work of team of accountants covering areas such as revenue accounting, expense accruals, fixed assets, and leases
- Drive the enforcement of accounting policies and procedures and the reporting of the monthly results
- Prepare memos and other documentation to address the accounting for significant transactions
- Continue to improve the standardized closing and reporting processes in order to streamline operations
- Responsible for the external reporting process to equity investors and lenders
- Ensure that the company’s financial reporting risk assessment and internal controls are updated for evolving risks as the company’s size and complexity grows
- Coordinate and support the annual audit conducted by independent accountants
- Improve and build appropriate systems and processes to facilitate timely and accurate closing of monthly financial statements
- BS in Accounting and CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum 6+ years in public accounting and/or private industry required
- Experience in managing a monthly close process
- Expertise in accounting in accordance with US GAAP
- Ability to manage and review work of a team of accountants
- A hands-on, take-charge financial professional with strong financial and analytical skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation. Strong business and common sense.
- Career-motivated, dedicated, committed leader.
- Prior experience in a labor based service organization or the education sector helpful but not required.
- NetSuite experience a plus
For the right candidate we offer a very competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.