High School Counselor
Are you a difference-maker? If so, a career at Catapult Learning could be the right fit for you. Catapult Learning, a division of FullBloom, provides evidence-based intervention, specialized services, and professional learning solutions for public and non-public K-12 schools.
We are seeking a Part-time, VA Certified School Counselor to work in a Richmond non-public High School for the 2022-2023 school year. This position is up to 35 hours per week..
School counselor collaborates with classroom teachers, guidance department personnel, the principal and other support personnel in order to meet the social and emotional needs of students and to strengthen academic success!
Catapult Learning provides staff with regularly scheduled supervision and continued support throughout the school year.
Responsibilities may include (but not limited to):
- Classroom guidance with some individual counseling with students, with signed parental consent. Counseling may focus on academic, emotional, behavioral, or developmental issues to promote enhanced school functioning.
- Consult with parents, classroom teachers, school principal and other school personnel to maximize effectiveness of services, as appropriate.
- Serve as a resource consultant to parents and school personnel in locating services within the community to help meet the needs of individual students or families.
- Participate in supervision on regular basis with the Program Supervisor.
- Complete all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Keep abreast of current changes and trends in the field.
- Candidates for this position must be able and willing to conduct their work both in person as well as virtually, based on the requirements of their state, program, or client, with reasonable accommodation.
- Active Virginia School Counseling certification
- Must have/be willing to obtain all state mandated clearances