Bilingual Academic Coach - Phoenix AZ
Catapult Learning, a division of FullBloom, provides evidence-based intervention, specialized services and professional learning solutions for public and non-public K-12 schools. We dedicate our careers to improving outcomes for students who have not found success in the traditional classroom. Our team of over 4,000 educators are driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the educational, behavioral and social and emotional welfare of every child with whom we engage. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact. Come explore a career with Catapult Learning.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide support and assistance to all classroom teachers in the full and skillful implementation of the key competencies
- Monitor and review all lessons plans to ensure that all necessary skills and content are strategically taught and students’ progress through the curriculum with an emphasis on mastery of relevant standards
- Conduct demonstration lessons to ensure that all teachers have been trained to an advanced level of delivery and are using the instructional materials as designed.
- Assist teachers in building an interactive classroom environment focused on the content and learning strategies embedded in the curricular programs.
- Establish and model guidelines with the department chair to effectively facilitate team meetings following a prepared agenda, identified action steps and outcomes to ensure the use of core learning skills in addition to ensuring appropriate student progress through the subject curriculum.
- Conduct classroom observations and provide “next-step” support for all teachers.
- Develop and monitor a school site support plan in coordination with the Team Leader
- Work with the regional team members in planning for all schools’ success.
- Conduct site support visits in conjunction with members of the team, observing instruction to assess program implementation and future professional development needs.
- Assisting the administration and department chairs with the cycle of lesson observations and constructive one-on-one feedback to teachers resulting in action planning targeting teacher development and improved student achievement.
- Assist schools with their understanding of student achievement goals consistent with District expectations and available baseline and historical testing data
- Analyze all assessment data with the regional team to create individual student and/or teacher intervention plans.
- Assist schools with planning and preparing for appropriate, effective timely administration of standardized tests
- Assist schools with identifying, planning and undertaking appropriate “next steps teaching” for groups of students as indicated by the assessment process
- Master’s Degree in specialty area (Reading/Language Arts, Math, Special Education or ELL) OR ten+ years’ experience teaching K- 12
- At least two years’ experience as a Curriculum Coach (or similar position)
- Excellent research, written, and oral communication skills
- Must have advanced proficiencies with Microsoft Office suite of software including MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint