Seashore Leadership Academy is an engaging and rigorous program serving middle school and high school students in Atlantic City and surrounding Atlantic County who need a structured and focused school environment to help improve their behavioral, social, and academic aptitude. The program excels at engaging students in their education by helping them overcome the often-significant trauma in their lives that result in behavioral, social, emotional, and academic challenges. We believe every student has the desire to succeed – in school and in life – and it is our mission to provide them with the opportunity and support to do so.
Seashore Leadership Academy is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting.
The English Teacher will diagnose learning skill deficits, deliver high quality instruction and curriculum as provided by SESI, and collaborate with both school personnel and families to provide services to students. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional teacher who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
- Meet the needs of all students by utilizing SESI instructional models, strategies, and curriculum
- Develop and maintain individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans
- Utilize school’s behavior management and intervention strategies; supervise students and ensure they are monitored at all times
- Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by SESI, local, state, and/or federal agencies
- Drive, record, and track student growth and progress towards academic, social, and emotional goals
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Valid teaching credential appropriate to the role (strong preference but not required)
- Commitment to learning and implementing feedback
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.