Certified School Guidance Counselor (Hillsborough)
Catapult Learning, LLC is looking for qualified and experienced school counselors in Florida! Catapult Learning is a provider of K−12 contracted instructional services to public and private schools throughout the US, specializing in at-risk youth and students who are struggling; we are a company with over 40 years of excellence in education.
We have a private school in Tampa (33617 zip code) in need of a full-time Certified School Guidance Counselor for the 2021-2022 school year. This position is in a face-to-face environment. The ideal candidate will provide leadership in the school through the implementation of a comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program aligned with the school’s mission, and guide and counsel individuals and groups of students through the development of
educational and career plans.
A FL School Counselor Certificate/Statement of Eligibility is required for this position. Local candidates preferred. To expedite processing of your application, please provide your location and certificate number on your resume.
Enjoy the Following Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- An attractive and robust full suite of benefits for FT employees
- Growth potential
- Be part of a school whose top priority is to create an environment and structure that allows all students to engage in experiences that prepare them for the future
- Company support and quality assurance
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of students
- Meet with students whose names appear on the low-grade list for each marking period and, if appropriate, formulate a plan of action for success involving the student and the parent.
- Plan and promote programs to enhance the academic, social, and emotional growth of students.
- Meet with seniors three times each semester and mail updates on their graduation status to their parents.
- Work with teachers to better help them understand students with physical or emotional challenges.
- Work with referred students who have discipline, attendance, and academic problems.
- Ensure that students are aware of the requirements for graduation and college admission.
- Guide each student to choose courses consistent with his/her interests, abilities, and career plans.
- Help students develop post-secondary educational plans in accordance with their interests, abilities, and career plans.
- Assist students with the completion of college admissions applications.
- Organize and promote standardized assessment opportunities and interpret test results to students and/or parents upon request.
- FL School Counselor Certificate or Statement of Eligibility
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Counseling
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience (preferably in a school setting)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with academy board members
JOIN THE CATAPULT FAMILY TODAY!