As an assistant teacher in a Catapult Learning Early Childhood Program, you are required to perform the following job functions to the best of your ability, at all times.Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain customer focus by relating positively to children and demonstrating professional relationships with parents, children, co-workers, and school staff.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner which may include updating display areas, rearranging learning materials, maintaining appearance of classroom, organizing supplies
- Attend school functions, staff meetings, workshops, and in-services as required
- Supervise children at all times including playground area, must be able to shift priorities and multi-task as necessary.
- Meet and greet parents, children and visitors on arrival and departure.
- Maintain confidentiality of co-workers, children, and families
- Direct parental contact and information relative to children’s’ progress to teacher or program director.
- Maintain records such as student attendance, incident and accident reports
- Follow lesson plans as directed by the classroom teacher and implement specific experiences and activities for children.
High school diploma or equivalent, continuing education and early childhood teaching experience preferred or as required by contract.
Candidate must possess a CDA Certificate or AA in Early Childhood Education.
Candidate must be CPR Certified.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The position is for a morning and afterschool program. The candidate must be availabe from 7:30am - 8:45am and again from 2:45pm until 6:00pm. There are certain extended program hours as well.
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible.
Responsible for updating employee file with continuing education information on a yearly basis.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.