General Clerk III
General Clerk III - (SCA position, Non-Exempt)
CATAPULT LEARNING has an immediate need for a General Clerk III in Fort Knox, Kentucky.
This position requires some subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence. The General Clerk III selects from alternative methods and refers problems not solvable by adapting or interpreting substantive guides, manuals, or procedures.Responsibilities
Typical duties include:
Assisting in a variety of administrative matters; maintaining a wide variety of records (stored both manually and electronically); verifying statistical reports for accuracy and completeness; compiling information; and handling and adjusting internal requests. Candidate will provide assistance with answering phones. Requires customer services skills for interacting with soldiers and other military and civilian personnel and be able to provide continual service coverage during set work hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Microsoft Office Suite to produce professional, accurate documents as needed.
- Support the workplace climate treating everyone with honesty, dignity, and respect, free from harassment and discrimination
- Promote customer satisfaction of customers by providing expertise to serve the soldiers and customers with professional and helpful service.
- Accurately identify and resolve issues by interpreting laws, rules, regulations and other information sources within program guidelines.
- Promote the achievement of business results in a timely manner; carefully, thoroughly and accurately within the established guidelines.
- Use proper workload management and time utilization techniques
- Provide administrative and functional support to the HRC’s Postsecondary program
- Respond to inquiries regarding Go Army Education details.
- Establish and maintain educational institution accounts per GoArmyEd standards and guidelines.
- Identify and report technical issues to the GoArmyEd functional team.
- The incumbent is assigned duties according to specified procedure and receives detailed instructions. Work is checked frequently.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position reports to a manager or head of a unit/department
Must be able to work 40 hours per week at a military location Monday through Friday.
In an 8-hour day, must be able to continually bend, squat, kneel, lift, twist, climb, reach, stand and walk; to use hands for repetitive pushing, pulling, and single grasp motion; and to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds and to move objects in excess of 100 pounds, and travel by government or company vehicle to work location or to other destinations as required.
Shift: Day Job
Primary Location: US-KY-Fort Knox
Organization: US Army HRC
Job: Office & Administrative Support
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: Ongoing
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. CATAPULT LEARNING is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
The qualified candidate will have at least two years of office and customer service experience, to include strong skills with MS Office products.
- Minimum HS Diploma or GED required
- Understanding of military concepts and procedures required. Wounded Warriors, veterans, and retirees preferred.
- Experience: 2-3 years in relevant work or previous experience with GoArmyEd program is preferred.
- Must maintain a driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to obtain NACI security clearance and gain and maintain access to Fort Knox, KY Army Installation
- Intermediate Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Outlook
- Good oral and writing skills