Professional Development Coach
The purpose of this position is to coach Blended Learning, Literacy, Math, STEM and Technology instructors in order to improve teaching quality in the classroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Conduct planning conferences
- Create example lessons
- Facilitates professional development workshops when needed
- Research and demonstrate instructional strategies
- Encourages participation and open discussion
- Ensures all educator development is completed successfully
- Provide reporting documentation as required
- Facilitate and support development, group discussion and feedback with staff
- Communicates actively with all directors regarding activities
- Other duties may be assigned
DAILY RATE: $480-$560 per full day delivered, depending on years of experience and level of education
BA/BS Degree in Education or related field and at least 5 years experience working with K-12 students in a school setting.
Experience teaching math, literacy, technology or STEM curriculum.
Experience delivering professional development workshops to adults.
We are also seeking candidates that have experience working in blended learning classrooms.
Master’s degree preferred.
Excellent communication skills are essential.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Some local traveling required.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.