After-School Sub Teacher -- PT 2022-2023 (Detroit, MI)
Catapult Learning, a division of FullBloom, provides evidence-based intervention, specialized services and professional learning solutions for public and non-public K-12 schools. We dedicate our careers to improving outcomes for students who have not found success in the traditional classroom. Our team of over 4,000 educators are driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the educational, behavioral and social and emotional welfare of every child with whom we engage. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact. Come explore a career with Catapult Learning.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS will perform the following essential duties and responsibilities in the absence of the program teacher:
- Delivers instructional/intervention models and strategies in literacy, mathematics, and/or writing skills to eligible students using Company-designed materials and educational tools and resources.
- Ensures supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from Company classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Maintains student records (sign-in sheets and/or attendance) for each session covered.
- All teachers must attend (and will be paid for) specific training sessions prior to start of teaching assignment.
- The after-school program hours are for the 2022-2023 school year, Monday to Thursday, between 2:30pm and 6:30pm; candidates need to be available during this time.
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS are asked to be available to work; work hours are not guaranteed
Requires a bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent relevant experience.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Access to computer or laptop with video conference capabilities (webcam/microphone) and a strong WiFi connection. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, virtual conference platforms, and common online systems and applications preferred.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. All programs are in school settings.
Candidates for this position must be able and willing to conduct their work both in person as well as virtually, based on the requirements of their state, program or client, with or without reasonable accommodation
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org