Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to realize their full potential and grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. SESI operates over 50 AdvancED/Cognia accredited Special Education schools and 80+ in-district classrooms nationwide. Our certified teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to overcome barriers to education. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact.
The Assistant Teacher will be responsible for working with one or more students with special needs and the special education teacher to deliver individualized services and supports. They will monitor student behavior, track educational progress, and communicate with parents. Additionally, they will help reinforce the special education curriculum provided by the teacher with designated students. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional instructor who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Someone who is passionate about serving students with special needs so that they can perform at their highest level and realize productive, fulfilling futures. You believe that ALL children can learn and have the desire to make a positive impact in the lives of students. You excel at building relationships, collaborating with a team, and persevering through difficult challenges. You have a sense of optimism, a willingness to learn and grow, and a commitment to improving outcomes for students.
- Work with individual students or small groups to reinforce learning of material or skill initially introduced by the Teacher and as specified in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Support Special Education Teacher in the implementation of the SESI rotation model including but not limited to
- Assisting with large group activities
- Checking notebooks, correcting papers, supervising testing
- Guiding independent study, enrichment activities, and remedial work as assigned by the Teacher
- Providing accommodations and modifications as necessitated by students’ IEPs
- Utilize school’s behavior management and intervention strategies including but not limited to de-escalation techniques, crisis management, and physical restraint when necessary to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Assist with maintaining record of each student’s daily behavioral record in accordance with school’s management system
- Assist in administration, scoring, and recording of achievement and diagnostic tests as prescribed by the Special Education Teacher
- Support and document students’ growth and progress towards academic, social, and emotional goals
- Supervise students and ensure they are always monitored, including to and from appropriate locations within the school
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe academic learning environment for the student
- Assist other staff with students when needed when applicable
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- Other duties may be assigned
- High School Diploma required
- College experience and/or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working with youth preferred
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org