Little Leaves Behavioral Services provides high quality, critical early intervention programs designed to nurture the growth and development of young children with social, behavior, and/or language challenges. Little Leaves provides a range of in-home, at-school, and clinic-based ABA services for children with developmental delays, especially Autism Spectrum Disorders in Northern VA, the DC metro area, the Baltimore metro area and Ft Lauderdale area in FL.
Little Leaves is building a community of professionals who are looking to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the lives of children
- Grow professionally
- Work with others who share a passion for our clients and who have an interest in ABA
Billing Specialist Position
Little Leaves provides full insurance support to families who seek our services. The Billing Specialist will be a part of the team that manages the end-to-end process of confirming benefits, obtaining authorizations, coding and billing of claims, managing A/R, and client invoicing. The ideal candidate will understand that this position plays a critical role in helping families of children with special needs obtain the high-quality services their children deserve. The candidate will bring the same attention to detail and tenacity to managing the billing processes as we bring to treating the children.
- Claims Submissions
- Ensure claims are coded, clean, and ready for submission
- Submit claims to a range of payors either via our medical billing software or via paper, and ensure successful transmission
- Accounts Receivable
- Post insurance and patient payments using medical claim billing software
- Research and dispute improperly paid claims
- Regularly review A/R to identify problems and work to resolve them in a timely fashion
- Disputes and Appeals
- Write and submit appeals as necessary, to the payor or potentially the appropriate state agency
- Patient Accounting
- Generate and send patient invoices on a regular and timely basis
- Work with clients to establish payment plans as needed, or for collections purposes
- Benefits and Authorizations
- Confirm client benefits
- Submit and follow-up on requests for authorization. Serve as a liaison with the clinical team when clinical information and review is required.
- Contracts and Credentialing
- Review payor contracts and ensure company compliance with them
- Manage credentialing process for new providers and new locations
- Follows HIPAA guidelines in handling patient information.
- 5+ years experience as a billing specialist, ideally in a provider office
- Experience with behavioral health billing (ideally ABA) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; High school diploma/GED required
- Experience with medical billing, and medical records
- Experience with robust practice management/EMR system, preferably Central Reach
- Highly organized and detail oriented; strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer-service / problem-solving orientation
- Proficiency with Excel; technologically adept
- Record of success in previous positions as evidenced by excellent references
- Experience and preference for working in a high-growth start-up environment
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off, life and disability insurance
We are a professional organization with a powerful social objective: to become a national leader in programs for children with autism and unique learning needs. Little Leaves is a division of FullBloom, Impact for Life. For more information, please visit www.littleleaves.org.
Little Leaves and FullBloom are Equal Opportunity Employers