Intervention Teacher (Houston)
Are you tired of teaching to a test? Love to teach but wish your time could be spent actually teaching? Know you could make a larger impact in a small-group environment?
Catapult learning is seeking both full-time (FT) and part-time (PT) Intervention teachers for the 2021-2022 school year ($23.50 an hour). Ideal candidate will be an energetic, passionate educator looking to make a full-year commitment.
The teacher will provide contracted instructional services with the necessary educational expertise in reading, mathematics, writing, and related areas, and deliver prescribed instructional delivery methods as determined by Catapult Learning. Most programs require instruction in all the above areas and are K-8 pull-out services. (Limited HS programs) Teachers will also consult with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services to students and communicate/conference with parents to provide information on student progress.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Attends training sessions, demonstrates content knowledge, and delivers designated instructional models and strategies in readiness, reading, mathematics, and/or writing skills to eligible students through utilization of Company-designed materials and educational strategies.
- Identifies and enrolls eligible students through existing test scores, administering tests, and/or other acceptable methods as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies. Develops and maintains individualized, skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ensures supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from Company classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required by Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Attends and documents conferences/meetings/trainings with Company Supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by the Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
**Important Program Information:
- Instruction varies on each campus serving students in K-8th grade. Must be willing to teach various grade levels.
- Subjects include Reading and Math. Must be willing to teach both subjects. Curriculum and training is provided.
- Data entry required: student attendance, online pre/post testing, progress reports, parent and classroom teacher communication forms, Title I compliance documentation.
- Teacher hours range from 15-30 hours per week, based on school schedules set by campus administration. This is not a full-time position.
- School locations vary. Campuses are located across the Houston area. We are asking that candidates be flexible in placement.
- Teachers collaborate with Instructional Program Supervisors on instruction, operations, and business standards and requirements. Teachers will experience coaching, partnership, and supervision.
Bachelors degree required. Teaching experience required.
- LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Teaching Certification Preferred
- OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
- PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
- The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well as paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.
- Consider this great opportunity to work within your local community. Help us join forces to better the lives of the students we serve.
- Equal Opportunity employer.