Director of Assessment & Strategic Implementation
Be an important part of the 5,600 educators and healthcare professionals employed by Catapult Learning. We are driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the educational, behavioral and social-emotional welfare of every child with whom we engage, no matter the child’s individual circumstance. We dedicate our careers to improving outcomes for at-risk and struggling youth, including those with learning and emotional disabilities. In doing so, we play a truly crucial role in the lives of children, their families and their communities. Our purpose drives performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact.
The Director of Assessment & Strategic Implementation will provide leadership and vision in the ongoing planning, implementation, development, direction, and review of the overall assessment plan as well as the design of large scale systems to support the use of student data to inform program, regional, territory, and national decision making. In addition, the Director will design data review processes and protocols to insure that student data is used to close learning gaps, improve student growth, and accelerate achievement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Own the vision and plan for
- Diagnostic, formative, interim, and summative assessments
- Formal and informal data review for instructional planning
- Internal student and group reporting, including individualized student plans, group planning reports, progress reports, etc.
- Develop large-scale systems to support data use to personalize instruction
- Develops and manages data review processes and protocol
- Works collaboratively with the Territory team on the implementation of academic processes and systems
- Ensures delivery and conformance of instructional services to state and school standards
- Supports Instructional Excellence Team and field leadership in improving the knowledge of assessment and data use to differentiate instruction
- Collaborates with Manager of Professional Learning to support assessment and data training
- Define assessment strategy and develop implementation plans
- Develops that assessment strategy including formal and informal assessments
- Works closely with program leaderships to develop assessment and implementation plans
- Develops professional learning to support using data to accelerate student growth
- At least seven years of related K-12 education or school leadership experience
- Extensive experience with assessments and data (ie. Assessment data coach)
- Deep knowledge of and experience in assessment driven instruction (teaching/learning process) as well as expertise in adaptive assessments like Renaissance Star, iReady, and NWEA MAP
- Strong understanding national and state standards
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Experience with adaptive assessments, data analysis, and using data to develop educational goals
- Stay abreast of research-based instructional strategies
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills; ability to communicate with teachers and with all levels of management
- Ability to handle multiple priorities; must be flexible.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office