Family Connections Liaison - School Social Worker
Seeking a full-time compassionate and professional School Social Worker/Case Manager to work in non-public schools in the St Louis region for the 2022-2023 school year.
Responsibilities include working with school counselors, school administrators and staff, and parents to ensure students meet their educational goals and receive support services for which they are eligible (counseling, enrichment, meal assistance, etc.).
This role will also include case management, consultations, parental involvement and education, and collaboration with community resources. Pay commensurate with public school district.
Catapult Learning provides Title I services to a variety of states across the country. The Missouri Title I Bypass Program, St. Louis Chapter, provides eligible students attending private schools with supplemental reading and math instruction and academic support services such as, individual and group counseling.
Candidate must possess strong knowledge in evidence-based practices, demonstrate exceptional interpersonal communication skills, be computer literate, independent, flexible, and people-oriented.
Responsibilities may include:
- Collaborate with both Catapult Learning counselor and private school personnel to develop individualized interventions and identify specific community resources on behalf of eligible families
- Consult with school personnel and parents
- Establish and maintain appropriate, current community networks and interactions
- Refer students and families to appropriate community agencies
- Provide parent involvement workshops
- Documentation in compliance with Catapult Learning requirements
- Develop interventions in accordance with Catapult Learning and each individual private school’s mission
- Sound Judgment—Ability to make thoughtful decisions in a timely and confident manner.
- Organized—Ability to systematically problem-solve, plan, and execute tasks in a timely manner while and ensuring accuracy
- Effective Interpersonal Communication—Interacts with others in a responsive, compassionate, and clear manner; ethically minded
- Adaptable—The ability to work both independently and with a team
- Professionalism & Work Ethic—Demonstrates personal integrity by operating in an accountable, reliable, and respectful manner
- 1-3 years of relevant experience. Experience working with schools/families/students preferred
- Licensed Social Worker preferred
- Knowledge and accessible network of local community resources
- Catapult Learning employees are subject to state and local licensure and pre-employment screening.
- Must be proficient with virtual platforms, i.e. Zoom
- Must be a licensed driver with access to a reliable automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements
- Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs
- Non-public school setting (Elementary and Middle School)
- If virtual, professional/private home space is required
MO Title I Bypass supports students in grades K-8 to achieve beyond expectations! All full-time employees at Catapult Learning are eligible to participate in the health, vision, and dental benefits plans. Employees are eligible for personal PTO days and paid sick days. Catapult Learning offers a 401k program, Employee Assistance Program, Referral Bonus Plan, and more!