Why Join Us
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Other great benefits like Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Mental Health Support, and Pet Insurance
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The responsibility of the Behavior Specialist is to collaborate and lead a small learning community while ensuring that it operates as a cohesive and effective unit in accordance with the mission of SESI. These responsibilities include instructional leadership, integration support, behavior management, family support and staff supervision and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and implements SESI's philosophy, policy and procedures relating to conduct, discipline, educational and attendance outcomes for students and staff.
- Provides leadership in the development of a comprehensive behavior management program that includes effectively dealing with student misbehavior such as violence and/or aggression.
- Offers instructional leadership in an environment that encourages a positive and caring climate by establishing purposeful educational tools and resources. Understands the principles of effective classroom management.
- Supervises assigned staff including documenting their performance, development, training, and other issues. Ensures assigned staff is in compliance and performance issues are addressed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of current curriculum and instructional approaches for students with disabilities and behavioral issues.
- Assists in taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students and prevent damage to school equipment and classroom facilities, including managing student logistics such as escorting students to/from locations and intake and dismissal.
- Ensures compliance with upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative policies, and state, municipal and federal regulatory guidelines.
- Attends at all required leadership, team and professional meetings and participates in the development of strategies for continuous school improvement.
- Exhibits professional conduct with school colleagues, students and their parents in accordance with SESI policies, procedures and work rules.
- Performs other duties as assigned and to be determined based upon SESI needs and business requirements.
- Education and experience equivalent to an Associate degree in Education, Criminal Justice, Social Services, or related fields and three (3) years of previous experience working with at-risk youth.
- Must have a para certification.
- Must be able to successfully complete all required trainings including CPR/First Aid Training and Handle With Care (approved physical restraint technique).
- Background check required.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI) provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional Paraprofessional who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.