Research Associate - In Person or Remote
Catapult Learning is committed to utilizing data to ensure its programs are operating at their highest potential and promoting the strongest academic outcomes for participating youth. These internal monitoring efforts are joined by transparent, comprehensive reporting efforts for our district partners. The Research and Evaluation department is critical for ensuring the quality and sophistication of all reporting mechanisms, as well as the reliable utilization of data products to benefit program quality. We are looking for a skilled and creative thought partner who is committed to data-driven practice, research-informed programming, and who has a strong commitment to our mission.
The Research Associate is an essential contributor to research and evaluation efforts company-wide, bolstering data-driven decision-making across all areas of work to ultimately maintain high-quality educational programs for students. There are three primary components to the Research Associate role:
1. Collect, organize and manage quantitative and qualitative data across business lines to support departmental deliverables in an effective and efficient manner; 2. Contribute to the preparation of technical reports and data visualization efforts that summarize program performance for both internal and external audiences; 3. Collaborate on Marketing materials that include compelling data-driven messaging and graphics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
- Collect, organize and manage quantitative and qualitative data across business lines to support departmental deliverables.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical reports and data visualization efforts that summarize program performance for both internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to cross-departmental collaboration on data reporting efforts, including with IT, Marketing and Sales. This includes the production of data visualization tools and marketing products using Power BI software.
- Conduct literature reviews on state of evidence for related educational topics.
- Research publicly available data at the state and school level to incorporate into reporting.
- Contribute to company-wide quality assurance efforts related to company data.
- Prepare statistical tabulations using statistical software such as SPSS.
- Perform other duties as needed
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in social sciences or education highly preferred. At least 1 year of experience conducting research or program evaluation is required. Advanced Excel or statistical software proficiency is required. Experience with Power BI or comparable analytics software, such as Tableau, will be prioritized amongst candidates. Must have excellent writing, interpersonal and organizational skills. Applicants must submit a cover letter to be considered.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to work in an office environment