Internal Medicine Veterinary Technician
Veterinary Technician-Internal Medicine
More than a word, care is present in everything you do. At ACCESS South Bay, a Thrive Pet Healthcare partner, we take action to empower your best care for pets, their families, and yourself.
We are a community of 400 clinics forming an extraordinary network of unparalleled resources and people. Through outstanding learning and career options, comprehensive benefits, and abundant support, you’ll be nurtured and appreciated for who you are and what you bring to the table. We come together in both the joys and heartaches of our profession to lift each other up through laughter and empathy.
And, we have plenty of fun along the way!
Who we are
At ACCESS South Bay, our goal is to exceed our client's expectations in each and every service we perform. It is a place where pets are treated like family members with state-of-the-art care in a clean, caring, and friendly environment. You will be expected to practice the best medicine, be proactive, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while providing compassionate, patient care. We invest in our employees with many opportunities for growth and development!
Provide your best care with more bridges and less barriers.
ACCESS South Bay is looking for an Internal Medicine Veterinary Technician to join us as part of the Thrive Pet Healthcare community.
As an Internal Medicine Veterinary Technician you’ll play an important role in pets’ lives by providing end-to-end care for our precious patients. Your life-changing work will range from the hands-on care of facilitating outpatient treatments and performing laboratory tests, to support services including admitting and discharging patients.
●Strong client communication skills are a must: technicians obtain histories, present treatment plans, review discharge instructions and medications, and provide client education on more complex disease processes treated by Internal Medicine
●Anesthetic induction (RVTs) and monitoring of sensitive and potentially critically ill patients for advanced diagnostic procedures (CT, endoscopy, bone marrow aspirates, joint taps, and more)
●Monitor and perform treatments for patients requiring intensive management, recognize significant changes in the patient’s condition, and notify the Doctor.
● Communicate with clients about individualized pet health concerns and offer guidance on Thrive Membership options, medications, and additional treatments.
● Assist in maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems.
● Obtain relevant health history and information from clients and maintain medical charts.
● Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
● Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.
Experience & Skills Requirements:
● Veterinary technician licensure preferred
● 1-2 years of clinical experience
● An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary technology program preferred; or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
You’ll Grow With Us
Here, you can grow your career as best fits you through access to comprehensive learning and skillset programs. You can build your skills and earn credentials through:
● Our vast, diverse, and free library of continuing education courses - ThriveU
● Live, virtual interactive workshops to develop valuable leadership skills
● A program to designed to teach you the fundamentals of running a pet hospital
● Earn your AVMA-CVTEA Accreditation and become a Vet Tech through our fully accredited distance learning program for veterinary technicians
● Scholarship opportunities and tuition reimbursement
And, with so many locations nationwide, you can find and move into any specialty, hospital type, or environment. Join us and provide your best care at a clinic that is deeply rooted within its community and bolstered by the resources of Thrive Pet Healthcare.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
● Paid time off including 8-weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
● Top quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plus health savings account and flexible spending account
● Pet perks including free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
● Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
● Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
● 401k with employer contribution and no waiting period
● Continuing education and development support through our library of free CE courses and paid time off to complete
● Scholarship opportunities and student loan support program
and so much more!
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with a hourly pay rate starting at $20 - $36 / hour. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.