Medical Director/Veterinarian - Westlake Animal Hospital
Westlake Animal Hospital is seeking a full-time Medical Director to join their incredible team.
We are a large multi-doctor hospital located in Austin, TX. We have been in the community for over 50 years and have a very well-established loyal client base. We have a well-equipped facility with a devoted and highly skilled staff. Many services are offered including preventative care, surgery, dentistry, and boarding.
We have a fun working environment with friendly staff. We have a passion for supporting an emotionally intelligent atmosphere with a culture that understands the importance of a great work/life balance!
We are looking for a Full Time Medical Director and Veterinarian to support Westlake Animal Hospital in the following capacities:
- Possess a commitment to practicing excellent patient care.
- Understand and apply the importance of the client experience.
- Have proficient skills in medicine, surgery, and dentistry.
- Ability to teach, mentor and develop veterinarians at all performance levels.
- Keep current on new products and medical protocols.
- Ability to maintain accurate electronic medical records and regularly audit those of other doctors.
- Coordinate and disseminate Continuing Education for the doctor and medical team.
- Assist Practice Manager with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring veterinarians.
- Involvement in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff labor.
- Comfort with coaching, issuing performance improvement plans, and disciplinary action.
- Partner with the Regional Operations team and support initiatives and policies.
- Maintain schedules for the doctor team and assist leads with their team schedules if needed.
- Organize and lead regular meetings for the doctor team.
- Attend and take part in all operational meetings and workshops (some travel required).
- Adhere to Alpine’s values and coach other team members to do so.
- Perform and deliver regular performance evaluations for doctors and the leadership team.
- Minimum 2 years of veterinarian clinical experience required.
- Experience in both general and emergency practice.
- Ability to write, adjust and implement medical standards.
- Must be organized, focused, and work well under pressure.
- Team-oriented and positive attitude.
- Experience in staff development, coaching, and mentoring new graduates is a plus.
- Completion of additional coursework or continuing education in business and operations is preferred but not required.
- Must be a strong communicator - preferably familiar with emotional intelligence and conflict competence.
Our benefits package includes an employer-sponsored 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored health savings account (HSA) match, flexible spending accounts, employer-sponsored life insurance, supplemental life, and disability insurance, legal & identity theft plans, paid time off, paid parental leave, 3 days of "purr-ental" leave when you adopt a new pet, paid bereavement leave (one day of which can be used for loss of your beloved pet), paid uniforms for all staff, subsidized back up care & family care benefits, veterinary-specific employee assistance program, Lyra Health, fertility/adoption/surrogacy support, and discounts, student loan education & refinancing, Perks at Work discount marketplace, a very generous veterinary service discount for your pets (Pet Perks), as well as continuing education, and an annual discretionary fund.
If Westlake Animal Hospital is what you are looking for, we would love to discuss the opportunity for you to join our team!
For more information about this opportunity contact Tammy at [email protected] or send me your resume!!
We celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.