Urgent Care Veterinarian
We are looking for a passionate, Part-Time Urgent Care Veterinarian to join our team at Thrive Catonsville, Maryland. If you want to make a difference in delivering exceptional medicine in a fast-paced environment, please read on!
Our goal is to relieve pressure from our local and busy ER hospitals, help our awesome referring veterinary community, and provide exceptional service to our loyal clients. This position will make a positive impact on your patients, clients, and colleagues’ lives!
- Minor emergencies that are not life-threatening such as lacerations, limping/painful pets, hypersensitivity reactions, vomiting and/or diarrhea without significant dehydration, ear infections causing discomfort, urinary tract infections, non-obstructed FLUTD/FUS patients, etc.
- Cases that are referred by general practice veterinarians because they are unable to see them in a timely manner and fit within the scope of care we provide.
- Loyal, passionate about great patient care, good with people and plays well with others.
- Exemplifies our guiding principles: Quality, Integrity, Compassion, and Service.
- Strong communicator, team-player mentality, and values collaboration.
- Internship training and/or experience in either GP or ER hospitals is preferred, an openness to continuous learning is a must!
Our Urgent Care Hospital has been designed to meet a key need in our community and hospital. We aim to provide efficient, compassionate care to patients with non-emergent conditions so that they receive great care without the wait! In the Urgent Care department, we offer walk-in services for conditions such as hot spots, ear infections, lameness, gastrointestinal disturbances, and urinary tract infections, and much more. Patients with life-threatening emergencies will be referred to area emergency hospitals, leaving our Urgent Care Doctors time to focus on delivering quality outpatient care to patients and clients. We stay in close contact with the primary veterinarians to ensure those patients return for ongoing care with their family vet.
This job is for YOU if you are looking for:
- Part-time day/swing shift hours
- Outpatient care only
- No overnight shifts
- A step up from the routine of general practice
- A step down from the rigors of Emergency medicine
- Being a hero for your clients and referral partners
- A team approach to Veterinary Medicine
- The ability to multi-task
For more information about this opportunity, contact Ellen Hemm at [email protected] or send me your resume!!
We celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.