Certified Emergency Veterinary Technician
Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists in Windsor, CO is looking for a skilled Certified Emergency Veterinary Technician immediately to join our team!
Sign On Bonus Available!!
Schedule for this position is 3 days/week 12 hour shift times of 8AM-8PM or 12PM-12AM
More than a word, care is present in everything you do. At Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists, we take action to empower your best care for pets, their families, and yourself.
We are a community of 400 clinics forming an extraordinary network of unparalleled resources and people. Through outstanding learning and career options, comprehensive benefits, and abundant support, you’ll be nurtured and appreciated for who you are and what you bring to the table. We come together in both the joys and heartaches of our profession to lift each other up through laughter and empathy.
And, we have plenty of fun along the way!
Who we are
At Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists, you’ll feel the warmth and openness of a small clinic, while having the opportunity and support of a united network.
Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists is a specialty and emergency facility that invests heavily in our teams' growth and development. We pride ourselves on providing the Fort Collins area with compassionate and quality emergency, specialty, and critical care. We provide an emotionally intelligent work environment and strive to maintain a positive work/life balance.
Provide your best care with more bridges and less barriers.
As an Emergency Veterinary Technician you’ll play an important role in pets’ lives by providing end-to-end care for our precious patients. Your life-changing work will range from the hands-on care of facilitating outpatient treatments and performing laboratory tests, to support services including admitting and discharging patients.
In this position you will be in charge of the proper triage and diagnostics for incoming emergency room patients as well as the treatments of hospitalized patients to include but not limited to IV catheter placement, drug administration, radiographs, and lab diagnostics. In this role you will be responsible for overnight care of hospitalized patients including but not limited to, monitoring vitals, administering oral and injectable medications, replacing IV catheters, walking hospitalized patients, IV fluid maintenance and monitoring, and other duties.
Experience & Skills Requirements:
IV catheter placement
Animal handling and restraint
Anesthesia induction and monitoring
Drug calculations and administration
High quality nursing care with the ability to triage patient needs
In house laboratory testing
Surgery/procedural set up and clean up
Our Ideal Candidate:
Professional and competent in their technical skills
- Self-motivated, reliable and honest
Available to work a variety of shifts, including swing shifts, overnights/graveyards, weekends and holidays
Certification as a licensed veterinary technician required
At least 1 -2 years experience in emergency/critical care
You’ll Grow With Us
Here, you can grow your career as best fits you through access to comprehensive learning and skillset programs. You can build your skills and earn credentials through:
● Our vast, diverse, and free library of continuing education courses - ThriveU
● Live, virtual interactive workshops to develop valuable leadership skills
● A program to designed to teach you the fundamentals of running a pet hospital
● Earn your AVMA-CVTEA Accreditation and become a Vet Tech through our fully accredited distance learning program for veterinary technicians
● Scholarship opportunities and tuition reimbursement
And, with so many locations nationwide, you can find and move into any specialty, hospital type, or environment. Join us and provide your best care at a clinic that is deeply rooted within its community and bolstered by the resources of Thrive Pet Healthcare.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
● Paid time off including 8-weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
● Top quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plus health savings account and flexible spending account
● Pet perks including free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
● Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
● Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
● 401k with employer contribution and no waiting period
● Continuing education and development support through our library of free CE courses and paid time off to complete
● Scholarship opportunities and student loan support program
and so much more!
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with a hourly pay rate starting at $18-$24/ hour + $1/hour shift differential for overnight shifts. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.