*Certified Veterinary Technician
Gypsum Animal Hospital in Gypsum, CO is looking for a Full-Time and/or part-time Veterinary Technician to join our team!
We are seeking to fill a position with good critical thinking and problem-solving skills, compassion, a positive attitude, follow-through and excellent communication and teamwork skills. Multitasking and acceptance of constructive criticism is essential.
Compensation: Negotiable based on credentials and experience with a hourly pay rate starting at $22-30/hr for CVT/Credentialed Veterinary Technicians. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Required: 2 years of Veterinary Technician direct patient care (the more, the better!)
- Emergency and/or critical care/triage experience
- Outstanding client education skills on wellness & preventive care
- Proficient venipuncture, IV-catheter, and injection administration skills
- Full knowledge to set-up & position patients for digital radiographs & dental prophylaxis
- Appropriate collection, set-up, and interpretation of in-house laboratory & cytology tests
- Proficient ability to monitor anesthesia & assist the Veterinarian in surgical procedures
- Provide compassionate care to patients
- Prepare and maintain exam rooms and treatment areas
- Assist in restraining pets (dogs and cats)
- Shifts include working 4, 10 hours days - 3 days off!! No weekends!
- Bi-lingual is a plus!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: 2 years of previous veterinary experience
- Required: Active state technician license (CVT/LVT/RVT)
- Required: High School graduate or equivalent
- Some experience in small animal handling
Why work at Gypsum Animal Hospital?
Gypsum Animal Hospital is situated in the small, but growing town of Gypsum Colorado, nestled right in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. We support and cover fees associated with fear free certification's!
Our hospital is a small practice that focuses mostly in internal medicine but handles emergency and surgical cases as well. Our clinic includes a full laboratory, surgical room and imaging equipment to provide our patients with the best care we possibly can. We pride ourselves for having a friendly, family environment and accommodating work hours.