Veterinarian - Urgent Care Medical Director
Veterinarian - Medical Director
Thrive Urgent Care – San Marcos, CA
You give so much of yourself to your work. Here at Thrive San Marcos we recognize what you and your team face each day. Through our collaborative community of veterinary care providers, you'll have the support, tools, and resources you need to take your practice to the next level because we wholeheartedly believe in you, and your ability to provide the very best care for your patients.
Who we are
At Thrive San Marcos you’ll feel the warmth and openness of a unique clinic while having the opportunity and security of a united network that has your back. There is incredible growth opportunity at this location which is why we are searching for on-site medical leadership to join us!
Our goal is to relieve pressure from our very busy ER departments, help our awesome referring veterinary community, and provide exceptional service to our loyal clients. This position will make a positive impact on your patients, clients and colleague’s lives!
With Thrive, our community of over 400 clinics nationwide forms an extraordinary network of resources and people.
As the head of your Urgent Care, you’ll have the guidance and resources to excel as a leader. This includes access to a Medical Initiatives Committee to become stronger and more equipped to develop your practice.
Experience & Skills Requirements
● Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or equivalent degree required with experience in emergency medicine or previous leadership experience preferred.
● California State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing.
● Active DEA license.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
● Paid time off including 8-weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
● Pet perks including free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
● Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
● Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
● Continuing education support through free courses, CE credits and paid time off to complete
And so much more!
To learn more about this amazing opportunity, apply today or reach out to [email protected].
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with an annual PROSAL range starting at $160,000 - $175,000 / year. The actual salary offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.