Veterinary Medical Director (Specialty)
The Animal Emergency Hospital of Mansfield is expanding in the greater Dallas, Texas area and adding a brand-new Specialist wing to its already bustling emergency hospital. Our new name will be Thrive Pet Healthcare Specialty & Emergency Hospital of Mansfield
Join our community of veterinary care providers for the support, tools, and resources to elevate your practice and provide top-notch patient care. We believe in your abilities and are committed to helping you succeed. As the Medical Director of your hospital, you’ll have additional guidance and backing through the Medical Initiatives Committee to develop your services and the team.
Learn more about Thrive Pet Healthcare Specialty & Emergency Hospital of Mansfield
Below are some highlights about this team:
- The beautiful space plan expands their current space into a 22,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art, full-scale Specialty/ER hospital!
Mansfield is a part of the multi-faceted assets of the Dallas metroplex, but still has a small-town feel. Voted one of Money Magazine's top 50 "Best Places to Live" 4 times and currently the 17th "most affluent location in Texas". With a quality of life considered to be one of the best in the Metroplex, Mansfield offers more than 500 acres of parkland, a historic downtown area, great shopping options, recreational opportunities for young and old, superior rated schools, quality housing, and a growing business community. Mansfield is about 20 minutes from downtown Fort Worth enabling the ability to live a city or rural lifestyle at the same time.
Our network of 400 clinics across the country creates an exceptional community of veterinary professionals and resources. Thrive Pet Healthcare derives its power from individuality and interconnectivity. We are proud of our Specialty Directors Board, designed to connect specialists like you across the country for networking, community and mentorship as needed. The Board is just one element of our unique Medical Excellence & Education platform that also includes a Clinical Research Committee, Doctor Mentorship Committee, and more. It is aimed at providing you with the necessary knowledge, tools, and resources to enhance your professional journey.
Provide your best care as a Thrive Pet Healthcare veterinarian.
Our veterinarians form a vast peer network of multi-disciplinary experts who are here to bolster your professional and personal well-being by offering support. When you need to rebalance, you’ll have access to resources and benefits that are meaningful because they’re built around nurturing your mental health. This means taking the time you need with options for flexible scheduling like three to five-day work weeks to fit every phase of your career and life.
Benefits – our care in action
We invest heavily in our teams' growth and development. We nurture an emotionally intelligent workplace and strive to maintain a positive work/life balance. We pride ourselves in creating an environment that meets your specific needs and enhances your quality of life and work.
Some of our benefits include:
- A progressive compensation model that includes competitive base salaries with additional production opportunities. And, no negative accrual.
- Medical Directors have an additional incentive program to share in the success of their hospital
- A Personal + Professional Package of Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation time, Parental leave, PURR-rental leave, and bereavement – to grieve both humans and pets.
- Separate paid time to pursue Continuing Education
- Generous Support for Board Study Paid Time
- Mental health and well-being, as we understand the unique challenges that come with veterinary care and offer resources to alleviate them.
- Educational support because knowledge is not only power but also fundamental in your growth and development.
- Impressive Pet Perks – free exams and discounts on products and services at all Thrive locations.
To explore opportunities with us, please review the following job requirements and reach out to us!
Experience & Skills Requirements
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or equivalent degree required
- State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, before their start date.
- Active DEA license or DEA licensure eligible.
- Board Certified Veterinary Specialist or Residency Trained Veterinarian.
To learn more about this amazing opportunity, please apply through the link on this page or submit your CV confidentially to Jennifer Hall at [email protected]. You can also view additional positions at https://careers.thrivepetcare.com/.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.