Registered Veterinary Technician Hospital Manager
Hospital Technician Manager
** $5,000 Sign On Bonus + $5,000 Relocation Bonus *
The Hospital Technician Manager performs a vital role in the hospital. This Manager will make substantial independent decisions to ensure efficient hospital operation; supervise all technical staff and will ensure the continued provision of excellent patient care. The primary duty of the Hospital Technician Manager is to manage and oversee the emergency and specialty veterinary technicians of the Pet Emergency & Specialty Center and will report directly to the Hospital Administrator.
- Managing PESC East- Specialty and ER departments tech. teams.
- Provide leadership guidelines and examples of courtesy and professionalism in working with clients and coworkers.
- Directly responsible for leading technician supervisors of the hospital and indirectly responsible for all technical staff within their location.
- Oversee all levels of technicians on ER & Specialty services regarding all aspects of medical care including, but not limited to, quality of nursing care, anesthetic procedures/protocols, surgical assistance procedures/protocols, laboratory procedures/protocols, radiology procedures/protocols, safety procedures/protocols, hospital maintenance, and infectious disease control.
- Participate with Technician Supervisors in interviewing and selecting veterinary technicians.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all issues of salary and personnel management.
- Engage in hiring, coaching and development, disciplinary, advancement and promotion activities of staff members, subject to approval by Hospital Administrator and People Operations.
- Customarily and regularly exercise discretionary powers in dealing with staff members and solving practice problems. Report practice problems directly to the Hospital Administrator. Work with the Technician Supervisors to identify and solve problems. Report problems and proposed action plan to hospital director team.
- Oversee and participate in performance evaluation distribution along with appraising employees’ productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in their status.
- Work scheduled “evening and weekend” hours on technical shifts as needed to allow monitoring and evaluation of technical staff.
- Notify hospital director team in writing prior to any planned decrease in minimum clinic hours worked in any one work week (i.e., request vacation time).
- Complete all delegated tasks in a timely and thorough manner.
- Manage the ER & Specialty services with dedication and innovation.
- Take a leadership role in all scheduled meetings.
- Set a positive example in regard to hospital policies and professional demeanor.
- Encourage a "team atmosphere" within the hospital by treating other staff members with respect, recognizing achievement, and encouraging growth.
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to and monitor the safety practices of other staff members.
- Oversee the new employee-training program. Develop standard training protocols and additional training materials as needed.
- Monitor hospital appearance and alert Hospital Administrator of needed repairs/maintenance.
- Work with the Hospital Administrator to proactively maintain all hospital equipment in working order.
- Monitor and manage labor costs pursuant to budget. In conjunction with the Hospital Administrator, analyze, forecast, make recommendations, and implement solutions regarding labor costs as needed.
- Follow all hospital financial policies.
- At least 3 years of experience in leadership positions with a strong service orientation and at least 4 years of veterinary experience. Experience as a Manager is desired.
- Must be a CA Registered Veterinary Technician
- This manager position requires a demonstrated competency of a Lead Technician and the associated technical responsibilities at the PESC.
70k - 90k
The above is only a partial list of job responsibilities. In addition, you may be asked to perform other tasks and/or supervise other areas as needed.
I have read and understand the responsibilities required of the Emergency Service Manager at the PESC. I am physically and mentally capable of performing each of the tasks above. I understand that employment with the hospital is not for a specified term and can be terminated “at-will”, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, either at the option of the employee or the employer. This is a full time salaried exempt position.