Mobile Surgery Veterinary Assistant
Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists is looking for a skilled Mobile Veterinary Assistant to join our amazing Mobile Surgical Team!
Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists invests heavily in our employees' long-term growth and happiness and strive to provide a positive work environment and work/life balance. At Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists, we pride ourselves in providing the best benefits package in the industry for full time team members which includes medical, vision, dental and life insurance, paid time off, continuing education, generous pet care discounts, 401K, and much, much, more!
We are a growing specialty practice in Northern Colorado and we are looking for hard working veterinary technicians to help up maintain quality care for our patients. The following are a list of duties. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Be able to safely restrain different breeds and sizes of animals safely.
- Provide excellent client communication.
- Maintain proper patient care pre and post-operatively.
- Create and update medical records.
- Monitor all patients for any significant changes, notify the doctor immediately if any observed.
- Understand the mechanics and application of basic standard asepsis.
- IV catheter placement & care
- Drug calculations
- Be familiar with the standard pain scale and be able to identify the signs when a patient is painful, the patient’s level of pain and possible causes of pain, and understand the medications and methods used to control the pain.
- Know the normal ranges for vital signs for the different species we treat at RVVS.
- Understand the paperwork and procedures of outside laboratories used by the practice. This includes, but, is not limited to: Antech, CSU, and any other outside laboratory.
- Be able to prepare the surgical suite for a surgical procedure.
- Be familiar with proper aseptic techniques in the surgical suite.
- Monitoring and maintaining anesthesia in surgical patients
- Monitoring the patient after it has been extubated, taking post op temperatures, and heart rate, and making sure the patient is comfortable and pain free.
- Assist with pack prep and instrument sterilization.
- Assist with pre surgical diagnostics
- Assist with the cleaning and care of hospital and equipment.
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with a hourly pay rate starting at $17-$20/ hour. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Visit our website for more information about our Hospital! https://royalvistavets.com/.