Account Director - DigitalApply Now
Account Director - Digital
Account Director – Digital
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
It’s a fantastic time to join our growing business unit as we have just onboarded a fast-growing digital bank. The business has huge ambition to take on the traditional banks and disrupt the fintech neo-banks by offering a more rewarding banking experience. With an innovative offering and seamless CX, a growing portfolio of new features and products, this brand has the best of both: a challenger mindset, backed by heritage and global scale.
The role will be working directly with both the brand and growth teams, developing campaign moments that cut through a to establish the brand as a leader within the category. Our brief is to create big TTL ideas, driving digital excellence across the brand via social, programmatic and display channels. Our aim is to be a leader in digital growth and to drive brand uplift as well as efficient and business-growing performance.
The Account Director position is the perfect role for a bright, enthusiastic and personable character. The successful candidate will lead with the day-to-day management of the account and clients, lead on response recommendations and manage a high performing team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Senior Account Director
3 best things about the job
- A massive advertising budget and the expectation to do innovative, award-winning work. Creativity, new ideas and new ways of thinking are expected.
- You will be working in the biggest team within the agency which provides a very sociable and collaborative culture and provides constant learning opportunities and exposure to senior leadership teams.
- Working in the finance category makes for interesting, thought provoking and meaningful briefs with huge variety. This is a highly unique opportunity to challenge one of the most established categories and leverage a huge international brand as they enter the UK market
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Built visibility and trust with multiple stakeholders – both internally and externally. They will see you as a reliable and trusted digital advisor who heads up a proficient team.
- The ability to plan, execute and deliver well-thought-out strategies across Entertainment which link with both digital and off-line channels
- Identified opportunities for development in more junior members of the team and ensured people have access to the right training/ opportunities.
- Have contributed to the commercial success of Sky’s business via commercial targets
In six months, you would have:
- Become the trusted contact for senior stakeholders at Sky (Product Leads and above) and have built rapport through regular face time with man marked contacts
- Delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight
- Leading in commercial calls, senior client calls, measurement calls – being present in multiple workstreams that impact the output of the team
- Evolved our performance reporting and insights function to empower our team to find, highlight and act upon programmatic and social insights on an ongoing basis.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Consistently delivered brilliant work to the client and contributed to shifting (increasing) the client satisfaction scores across key clients you work with
- Delivered improvements in ways of planning/ buying by proactively identifying opportunities, measurement frameworks and new to market ideas
- Elevated the team to be the best digital specialist that they can be, and built a strong morale in the team that delivers regular exceptional work for Sky Entertainment
Responsibilities of the role
- The ability to delegate to more junior members of the team
- Working with your Senior Account Director and Director to develop and progress those that you line manage
- Quality control of output from the team
- Lead the team in pulling together PCAs and QBRs and strategic work
- Develop strong relationships with clients. Be their go to person for anything digital
- Ensure an understanding of the client’s business and competitor landscape
- Response to brief presentations and strategic tissue and implementation sessions
- Work on proposals based on media owner ideas/solutions
- Re-working proposals based on client or planner feedback/tweaks to brief
- Maintain strong relationships with media owners
What you will need
- Relevant experience working within digital media, within a Paid Social/ Display function
- Desire to drive performance and improve efficiencies
- Understanding of digital principles, paid social, partnerships, mobile, data and analytics
- Strategic mindset and be confident to build strategic responses from scratch
- Strong knowledge of the programmatic and paid social landscape as it relates to various channels including display, video and experiential
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in multiple technology platforms: DSPs/Social Ads Managers, verification tools, viewability, analytics, attribution modelling and ad serving
- Proven competency in data analysis, trafficking and Microsoft Excel
- Problem solving and solutions focused mind-set
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- A positive and passionate approach that motivates the team around you
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently
- Drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to train others and encourage knowledge sharing
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.