Designer, Creative FuturesApply Now
EssenceMediacomX exists to radically improve the value and relevance of advertising for the benefit of brands and consumers. Our office sits within the legacy Essence building on Oxford Street. Our clients include some of the world’s leading brands and businesses including Google, ITV, Airbnb, BT/EE, The Financial Times and L’Oréal to name a few. Part of GroupM, Essence is a majority-owned by WPP, the world's leading creative transformation group.
Visit www.essencemediacom.com for more information!
About Creative Futures
Creative Futures is a different kind of creative team. We work in unison with our media teams combining creative, data, technology and paid media to make work that connects with culture - executing on every channel through advertising campaigns and brand partnerships.
In the UK, we are a team of 45 strategists, creatives, designers, developers, video editors, producers and partnership specialists. We are part of the global Creative Futures network that has produced these campaigns in recent years:
Ebay Preloved Island:
Google High Life:
Elsewhere, we launched Pixel 8 with Google across EMEA on social and display, created award-winning social assets for the Tokyo Olympics, and produced the launch of The Financial Times new app, FT Edit.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced and driven designer to join our design team in London. You’ll join a talented wider creative team who share a real passion for advertising, working with some of the world’s leading brands (Google, YouTube, The Financial Times), responsible for defining, developing and executing digital and brand campaigns with the highest attention to detail.
Creative Futures represents a rapidly growing function within the EMX offering and every member is integral to helping us achieve our goal to be a best in class, one stop shop for our clients’ bespoke creative and content solutions.
As a Midweight Designer, you’ll be able to develop breakthrough ideas whilst guiding and motivating the team across multiple clients and projects from concept to delivery. You'll work closely with our conceptual team demonstrating creative flair, versatility, and imagination in developing ideas into powerful visuals, and collaborate with video editors and developers to deliver large-scale, global digital campaigns.
You’ll present design solutions to our clients, building relationships and shaping their understanding of our design practice to both broaden and deepen our remit. Equally, you’ll foster strong relationships internally, across the Creative Futures team and the wider agency.
Generating design solutions and ideas that respond to each client’s needs, you will ensure that our work is meticulously aligned to brand guidelines and challenge these if appropriate. You’ll be process-driven with a keen sense of curiosity, a professional attitude and patience.
- You will be a ‘hands on’ member of our design team creating first-class design work for everything from social, display, OOH, toolkits, pitch concepts.
- Pixel-perfect quality control of design assets
- Methodical, process-focused delivery
- Experience in a similar role at a digital agency
- Excellent typography and layout skills, showcased in a design-led portfolio that showcases your versatility to work with different styles across advertising and brand identity.
- Limitless creative energy with the ambition to create work that makes you proud
- Proactive thinker, confident to share your thoughts and ideas
- Able to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, whilst ensuring timelines and creative standards are maintained
- Organised and structured in the way that you work, with experience collaborating with other designers, editors and developers
- A flexible attitude with the ability to apply your thinking to any brief
- Always eager to improve, learning tools that will help you convey your ideas
- Experience working with a wide range of digital channels and formats from display and social to DOOH and Video.
- You have excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, lllustrator) Sketch/Figma.
- You have experience editing and creating motion graphics using After Effects, Premiere Pro, ideally in the form of short-form social ads.
Some of the things that would be nice to see:
- Knowledge of paid social formats on social platforms, including best practices and safe zones for each.
- An understanding of 3D software would be beneficial, although not a requirement for the role.
- An understanding and willingness to explore emerging AI technologies
- Experience working with interactive experiences
- An interest in brand/visual identity and ability to take inspiration from how brands show up at different touchpoints
A bit about yourself:
- A genuine passion and curiosity for design, including latest trends and innovations in the industry and willingness to share
- Excellent interpersonal skills allowing you to confidently communicate and deliver your direction/vision with clear rationale
- Diligent and attentive to detail; able to follow through on projects and/or issues
- You don’t accept the status quo and know how to challenge inappropriate ideas and solutions
- You can build and manage relationships with internal teams and clients
What you can expect from EssenceMediacomX
EssenceMediacomX’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an EssenceMediacomX employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.