MarTech Associate DirectorApply Now
MarTech Associate Director - EMEA
EssenceMediacomX, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Our office sits within the legacy Essence building on Oxford Street. We still have all our wonderful essentials looking after our amazing clients! Our clients include many exciting brands such as Google, ITV, Airbnb, BT/EE, NBCUniversal and L’Oréal to name a few.
Visit www.essencemediacom.com for more information!
About the role
EssenceMediacomX is seeking a MarTech Associate Director to become an integral part of our Data and Tech team in EMEA. You will be responsible for consulting on, and implementing, MarTech strategies to maximise campaign performance and steer our clients through an ever-evolving digital ecosystem. You will work closely with other disciplines and practices within the agency, and third parties with whom we partner.
With the MarTech ecosystem covering so many aspects of digital advertising, the role will cover multiple technologies and you will be expected to understand the principles of media planning, activation, and campaign analysis. The MarTech Associate Director will consult both internally and externally on the use of MarTech on day-to-day campaigns, as well as longer term strategic projects. The role is therefore varied in nature, and you will be expected to balance multiple workloads across different technologies simultaneously, with the support and guidance of more senior members of the team.
Roles and responsibilities will include
- Working in collaboration with clients to support MarTech initiatives and advise on best practice, such as platform set up, site and app tagging, data architecture and ways of working.
- Liaising with other disciplines at EssenceMediacomX to move projects forward, educating teams on the application of MarTech to their practice and helping to troubleshoot where necessary.
- Updating senior stakeholders on project progress and building case studies to demonstrate the value our Data & Tech practice drives for clients.
- Contribute to agency POVs on the latest MarTech developments and industry trends.
- Identify gaps and limitations across client MarTech stacks.
- Assess new tools and features within the MarTech landscape, leading the testing of different products – including mobile measurement partners (MMPs), verification and attention partners, data clean rooms, CDPs and tag managements solutions
- Implementing, or consulting on the implementation of MarTech on your allocated client/s
Required skills & experience
- Previous professional experience in a technical consultation, implementation, or strategic role, preferably within a media agency working on large and complex client accounts.
- Hands-on knowledge of MarTech platforms and advertising tracking technologies, in particular Google or Adobe Analytics, Google Marketing Platform (CM360, DV360 and SA360), tag management solutions such as GTM or Tealium, and mobile measurement partners (AppsFlyer, Kochava, Branch or similar)
- Intermediate Excel skills
- A passion for all things digital, including a good understanding of industry trends, including privacy updates across web and app environments
- A strong work ethic: able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver results
- Fine-tuned communication, presentation, and influencing skills; with an ability to think creatively and present in a manner that inspires and excites.
- A team player who strives to see the best in people and contribute to the team and agency culture.
Desired skills and experience
Familiarity with the following is also a plus:
- OTT/CTV tracking and measurement
- Data Clean Rooms & Customer Data Platforms
- Cloud based solutions such as GCP and AWS
What you can expect from EssenceMediacomX
EssenceMediacomX’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring, and insightful. As an EssenceMediacomX employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.