EssenceMediaComm- Media Planning Account Manager H/F - CDIApply Now
Media Planning are experts on the paid media landscape and how consumers interact with it. We
architect and steward holistic media plans throughout their lifecycle, owning the creation of overall
plans, cross-channel budget allocation, in flight cross-channel optimisation & reporting and post-campaign analysis. We are our clients’ key contacts for a unified view across all aspects of their campaigns, narrating the story of the campaign from planning recommendation through to tactical activation.
The Media Planning – Account Manager is responsible to ensure client budgets are used optimally
via effective planning, in-flight cross-channel optimisations and insightful post campaign analysis to inform future campaigns. They are responsible for the day-to-day management of media plans and their proper implementation, working to fulfil the agreed media objectives in the context of
changing market conditions. They demonstrate strong working knowledge of the overall media
landscape and available research, using these to inform planning recommendations.
- Support the Media Planning Director to manage tasks within the team, working more independently on smaller campaigns and liaising closely on larger projects.
- Conduct research and analysis to determine and support planning recommendations.
- Create clear briefs to Activation and run collaborative sessions to deliver these.
- Work closely with Activation to complete tactical plans, in-flight cross-channel reports and post campaign analysis. Supervise any reallocation of cross-channel budgets.
- Contribute in client presentations and own the relationship with junior clients.
- Meet with vendors and have a relevant point of view on their offering.
- Contribute to case studies that can be shared internally as learning and best practice.
- Competencies (specific knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Forecast expected outcomes of campaigns and manage spend accordingly.
- Basic spreadsheet capability (VLOOKUP, Pivot Table) are a must.
- Superior presentation design skills, in slides or document format.
- Understanding of industry standard media research tools (e.g. Comscore, GWI, TGI, YouGov).
- Sound written and verbal communication skills, with the desire to learn and advance.
- Excellent organizational skills, close attention to detail and ability to quality control work.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Superb client relationship and management skills.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate in a team environment.
- Skilled in quantitative reasoning.
- Develop strong relationships across the client team to facilitate flawless execution of plans.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the team.
- Understand when to escalate issues to managers.
- Provide awareness and recognition for jobs well done.
- Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience may be substituted for the education
- Proven experience in media at Manager level, with solid understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibility and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EssenceMediacom infuses the digital strategy, data-driven creative, analytics, and technology capabilities of Essence with MediaCom’s world-class scaled multichannel, audience planning and strategic media expertise.
EssenceMediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We believe that everything is connected. And that means a media agency has to think and operate in an entirely new way. So new that we don’t even call ourselves a media agency anymore. We call ourselves The Content + Connections Agency. We transform client communications through systems thinking. Systems thinking is how we make sense of our clients’ communications systems, where we work to optimise the system as a whole and not just the individual components.
The EssenceMediaCom network comprises of over 10,000 people working in 125 offices in 90 markets around the world. We are proud to call some of the world's most successful brands as clients, including Google, Richemont, Mars, Sony, Proctor & Gamble, Peugeot Citroen, Shell, and The Coca-Cola Company.
We know that our people are our greatest asset in making us a number one agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life and personal welfare.