Data & Quality Assurance EngineerApply Now
Data & Quality Assurance Engineer
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers helps our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates an opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediacom London*
Data & Quality Assurance Engineer
Overview of Role
The Data & Quality Assurance engineer works with the team responsible for delivering mission-critical ad campaign management and business intelligence software used globally. This position also has responsibility for understanding client business and technical requirements and then delivering appropriate end-to-end solutions consisting of component-based, services-oriented applications.
Objectives of the role:
- Implement and maintain a solid quality assurance methodology.
- Owning the effort of data analysis, validation, and integrity, providing for validation of data in both report form and backend database queries
- Provides estimates for and meeting of short-, medium- and long-term strategic quality initiatives.
- Implements automated data analysis where possible.
- Work with end users to identify and fix data problems in our business intelligence system.
- Test development releases and report/resolve issues
- Troubleshoot production problems as they arise.
- Assist in the maintenance of the development testing environment.
- Contribute to technical discussions during the software development process.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration.
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels.
- Capable of working successfully within a team as well as independently
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships inter-departmentally as well as those outside the team.
Skills and Behaviors:
- High proficiency with SQL queries and database architecture
- Knowledge of Asp.Net & C#, SQL server, and ETL experience (e.g., Business Objects Data Integrator, Micro Strategies)
- Data warehousing/data modeling experience
- Strong communication, social and team-building skills
- Excellent documentation skills including procedures, diagrams, and instruction lists
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Marketing experience helpful
- User interface development experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to comprehend complex mathematical calculations and formulas.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability and desire to work within a cross-functional team environment with people from multiple business units, vendors, countries, and cultures.
- Ability to turn a loosely defined project description into a well-defined plan.
- High level of initiative, integrity, and flexibility
- Seeks to understand more about the client’s business.
- Aware of the competitive landscape and begins to form opinions on how to turn intelligence into opportunities.
- Enjoys a challenge and is open to change; consults others for advice and direction when facing challenges to solve problems independently.
- Suggests and begins to apply ideas in the development of alternative solutions.
- Understands the importance of prioritizing tasks.
- Manages own time effectively keeping relevant stakeholders informed.
- Is efficient with time; delivers on set objectives.
- Maintains clear and honest communication with the team to ensure agreed outcomes.
- Welcomes the involvement of others and readily shares own experience and expertise.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Establishes constructive and collaborative relationships with the team.
- Demonstrated ability to get things done through appropriate channels in a timely manner.
- Understands the culture and values of the business and is able to communicate with others.
- Able to defuse potential conflict.
- Potentially recognizes sensitive or controversial situations and plans how best to achieve a positive outcome.
- Shows sensitivity and respect for others feeling cultures and beliefs; shows a genuine interest in the lives of others.
- Establishes strong and positive relationships with both intern and external colleagues.
- Understand and is beginning to demonstrate an ability to sell ideas to achieve positive results.
- Is open and approachable to others; shares thoughts about own strengths and limitations; has the patience to hear people out.
- Can learn from others it improves personal development; encourages the best in others.
- Remains calm and adopts a questioning approach to clarify or more carefully understand an issue.
- Speaks up and seeks advice; is widely trusted and is seen as a truthful individual; keeps confidence and admits mistakes.
Qualifications and other relevant information:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering, or equivalent skills
- Advanced programming and database experience a plus
The Data & Tech Team:
The Data & Tech team are EssenceMediacom’s technology experts transforming EssenceMediacom into the agency of the future. Technology is a key enabler for EssenceMediacom, helping reduce costs and create new products that drive revenue and business growth. Data & Tech are a global team of technology consultants, project managers, business analysts, data engineers, software engineers, and data visualisation experts delivering technology solutions with the business.
The System Tech mission is to:
- Deliver specialist technology products that enhance our client’s business.
- Transform data into meaningful information to enable Clients and staff to make informed decisions.
- Implement technology to improve the way EssenceMediacom works for our staff and Clients.
Data & Tech provide technology expertise and project management to create solutions for EssenceMediacom. The team’s responsibilities range from automating a small-scale data transformation process, to save time for our client teams, to building large-scale strategic platforms and product implementations for media planning optimisation to creative analytics to e-commerce audit.
The Data & Tech team drives data platform innovation to create exceptional global, regional, and local market dashboards to enable our staff and our clients to have the data needed to make the right decisions at the right time.
The team also works in partnership with GroupM and WPP, participating in and leading steering groups centered around the technology strategy to provide the EssenceMediacom voice to steer the new Planning, Audience, Activation, and Reporting platforms planned for 2021 and the future.
What we can offer you:
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday (increases with length of service)
- Life assurance
- Permanent health insurance
- WPP share options scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Free eyecare vouchers and money off glasses
- Extensive training and development
- Corporate gym memberships
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Interest-free travel loan
- Free breakfast (cereal and fruit)
- Smart shopper (online discount on a variety of products)
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!