Account Director – Comms PlanningApply Now
Account Director – Comms Planning
Account Director – Planning, Suntory
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
We are looking for an excellent Account Director to join the Suntory team within TED to help run some of the UKs most well-known and loved soft drink brands.
We have an excellent relationship with the client team and wider cross-agency network. Building on this solid foundation and our deep understanding of both their brands and business (having worked with the client for 10+ years!), we are planning and delivering exciting campaigns in media which we’re excited to take to the next level with a fresh mind on the team.
In this role, you would be responsible for the planning and delivery of multi-media campaigns for some of the most iconic brands in their portfolio (Lucozade & Ribena), as well as planning for impactful & varied activations. You will help manage a large team of amazing clients, as well as cultivating great relationships across the wider agency team and with our internal team of specialists.
Reporting of the role
This role reports into the Senior AD on the Suntory account and would have one direct report, alongside the wider support you’d have from the other AD on the account.
3 best things about the job
- Working with some of the UK’s most established and most loved soft drink brands in Lucozade & Ribena.
- Get to work on some of the most exciting activations our industry has to offer. From activating key partnerships with the likes of Xbox, England Football teams, & Anthony Joshua, through to sponsoring the MOBOS, we’re constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
- The EssenceMediacom team. Working for the largest media agency in the UK means you’ll be working with some of the best people in the business, and with that comes an incredible learning/training programme designed to help you become the best planner possible.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Formed a great working relationship with your SAD, and feel embedded within the TED dept.
- Understood the breadth of Suntory comms, where your responsibilities contribute, and what the biggest challenges to address are for each brand.
- Met the key clients, worked on some responses with the team and got to grips with our EM planning processes.
In six months, you would have:
- Owned and delivered a response, with interesting and exciting media activations.
- Spotted an opportunity for us to do things better, because of your fresh perspective.
- Feel confident in key EssenceMediacom initiatives and how we can use them within our client work to push for exciting and innovative ideas.
- Agreed clear objectives with your SAD to ensure constant development and fuel your progression.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Stamped ownership on key areas of the business and gained core client trust and understanding.
- Contributed to our annual planning responses, exploring ways to challenge client thinking.
- Worked on something extra-curricular around the agency – either with our many ERGs, volunteering in the local community or charity clients (for which you’d get a day off) or something else that tickles your fancy!
Responsibilities of the role
- Running a steady ship across all lines of the plan, from client response through to creatives going live.
- Ensuring all clients and internal teams know what’s needed when.
- Owning your own briefs from strategy to optimised in-flight results (where appropriate), PCA and round again.
- Mining through research, data and results to uncover insights, opportunities and implications.
- Leading implementation briefings to our investment teams.
- Continually learning about better planning and what makes a good idea.
- Brilliant Basics: have some great client relationships, lead status meetings and project manage your workstreams.
- Ensure detail, accuracy and quality of all deliverables i.e. Quality Assurance.
What you will need
- Enthusiasm and passion for planning
- Strong team ethic and ability to collaborate
- Confident communicator, to include active participation in client meetings, agency meetings and delivering presentations with passion and flare
- Good at knowledge sharing and keen to support junior members of the team
- Great working knowledge of all media and how channels influence business performance
- Initiative, proactivity and ability to prioritise own workload
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.