Accounting – SF HCSO - Staff (SO2)
Responsible for ensuring all day-to-day bookkeeping, transaction execution, and reconciling is completed within set deadlines and in a manner expected by our company's leadership and clients for our San Francisco Health Care Saving Option plans. Additionally, this position is responsible for all administrative items related specifically to accounting for SF HCSO plans.
- Post cash entries in internal systems based on extracted cash reports and other support in internal reporting systems
- Generate and track invoices for client funding and administrative fees
- Monitor and reconcile cash balances across SF HCSO bank accounts (~175) to ensure weekly disbursements are not released unless bank balance is funded as needed. Contact clients as needed for outstanding funding
- Serve as Point of Contact for other departments and/or clients to resolve client questions/escalations related to SF HCSO accounting transactions that SF HCSO service team members can’t address
- Review and provide input on how we can enhancement current accounting processes and controls around SF HCSO plan accounting to ensure they are best in industry, either independently or in tandem with other company department staff
- Help custodial cash recon team reconcile SF HCSO bank accounts as needed at month and quarter ends.
- Manage outstanding check population. Report checks to staff responsible for completing unclaimed property as needed
- Provide month-end data to operating accounting staff for financial reporting. Be able to communicate financial results to operating staff and leadership as requested.
- Ability to analyze and solve a problem but also communicate the problem and solution to leadership in a concise and clear manor
- Lead and complete SF HCSO project-based work.
- Be a knowledge base for frequently asked questions related to SF HCSO Plan mechanics, functionality.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and/or client escalations
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience and knowledge of QuickBooks (extensive knowledge is +) and Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail / critical thinking skills
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot basic IT issues
- Excellent Time Management and ability to work with little guidance
- Review and re-prioritize tasks assigned day to day based on importance and urgency with limited direction from supervisor
- Work with minimal supervision
- Punctual, self-starter
- Flexibility with Working Hours
- Positive attitude / Team Player