Why Join Us
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer
- Hourly depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The 1:1 will be responsible for collaborating with a licensed Special Education Teacher to provide support to our special education students. They will assist in facilitating lessons, monitoring student behavior, and tracking educational progress. Additionally, they will help reinforce the special education curriculum provided by the teacher with specified students. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional staff member who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide instructional assistance and support to students
- Support student growth and progress towards goals
- Ensure supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Attend meetings and trainings with supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by SESI, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required.
- High School Diploma required
- Experience with Mod/Severe population required
- College experience and/or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working with youth preferred
Sierra School of San Diego (formerly Sierra Academy & Springall Academy) provides an intensive, structured, individualized special education program aimed at strengthening each student’s academic and organizational skills, social and emotional abilities, sense of responsibility, job skills, and self-esteem. Our goal is get our students to the point where they can successfully reenter “mainstream” schools and the community. All students are encouraged, nurtured, respected, and supported in achieving their full potential in an enriching, positive environment.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.