Why Join Us
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer
- Competitive salary range of $55,000 - $75,000 depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The School Counselor will be responsible for providing social-emotional services for students who require additional support to thrive in school. They will deliver high-quality services as provided by SESI, and collaborate with both school personnel and families to provide services to students. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional School Counselor who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
- Provides individual, group, or push in counseling services to students in accordance with their Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Completes social-emotional and behavior assessments as needed to determine a student’s particular strengths and weaknesses, as well as develop a plan to address skill deficits or behavior needs
- Utilizes a variety of therapeutic interventions to address needs and work with a diverse group of students from varying developmental, cultural, ethnic, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Develops and maintains positive and collaborative communication as part of the multi-disciplinary team · Works as a referral agent linking students and families when appropriate with "outside" agencies to service their needs.
- LPC or LSW required
- LAC, CISW, LISW, LASW accepted
- Preferred two (2) years of experience in a school, special education, or behavior health setting working with children and adolescents is preferred.
The foundation of Sierra School of Peoria’s (formerly Aurora Day School) therapeutic program is to empower students to implement resiliency skills coupled with a structured environment of positive behavior management. Using the extensive research done on resiliency in the last twenty years, our goal is to make a positive and lasting impact on the lives of exceptional children. By helping them learn the core traits of resiliency, they build social competence and problem-solving skills, increase their self-reliance, and encourage their sense of purpose and future.
SESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Any applicant who requires a reasonable accommodation with respect to these policies for a valid medical or religious reason should contact [email protected].