Part-Time Before & After School Teacher
As a certified teacher in a Catapult Learning Early Childhood Program, you are required to perform the following job functions to the best of your ability, at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for maintain inventory of supplies for the classroom.
- Implementation of reqiured Catapult Cirriculum Daily.
- Maintain customer focus by relating positively to children and demonstrating professional relationships with parents, children, co-workers, and school staff.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner which may include updating display areas, rearranging learning materials, maintaining appearance of classroom, organizing supplies
- Attend school functions, staff meetings, workshops, and in-services as required
- Supervise children at all times including playground area, must be able to shift priorities and multi-task as necessary.
- Meet and greet parents, children and visitors on arrival and departure.
- Maintain confidentiality of co-workers, children, and families
- Direct parental contact and information relative to children’s’ progress to program director.
- Maintain records such as student attendance, incident and accident reports
- Follow lesson plans as directed and implement specific experiences and activities for children.
Must have a NJ Teacher Certification (P3 or K-6) or Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education.
Candidate must possess a CDA Certificate or AA in Early Childhood Education.
Candidate must be CPR Certified.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The position is for a morning and afterschool program. The candidate must be availabe from 7:30am - 8:45am and again from 2:45pm until 6:00pm. There are certain extended program hours as well.
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible.
Responsible for updating employee file with continuing education information on a yearly basis.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
As a condition of employment, staff will be required to be either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or produce a weekly negative Covid-19 test result.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org