Senior Staff Foundry Engineer
Optimize and install high-voltage process technologies in external semiconductor foundries. Guarantee PI’s technologies running in multiple foundries give equivalent results, are well centered and in control. Establish excellent communications with the external fab engineers to ensure that all issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
Monitor process technologies via statistical analysis of PCM and in-line data, in order to optimize yield. Analyze and optimize yield of several families of high-voltage smart-power products. Establish correlations between product yield, process control monitor electrical data and in-fab SPC data. Provide feedback to the external fab engineers.
Monitor reliability testing of new products and technologies. Work with device, packaging and reliability engineers to establish root cause of any failures and plan corrective action. Develop understanding of process/package interactions.
Support design & product engineering with scheduling & expediting engineering lots and tape outs.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, Physics, Materials Science, or chemical engineering, with emphasis on semiconductor processing and device physics.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in the semiconductor industry, with experience in process engineering, yield optimization or device characterization. Experience in working with external foundries will be helpful.
- Experience with monitoring and improving product yields using a variety of information – product test data, process control monitor data and in-line fab data.
- Experience in reviewing product yield information with product engineers, and in solving reliability problems.
- Familiar with device measurement techniques for both manual characterization and automated process control monitor data gathering. Should be familiar with the design of process control monitor test structures.
- Familiarity with product test and analog circuit design will be helpful.
- Experience creating or maintaining documentation necessary to maintain foundry agreements and procedures.
- Experience in transferring and ramping MV or HV CMOS technologies