Senior Test Engineer
As a Senior Test Engineer at Power Integrations Malaysia you will take ownership of all technical aspects of product testing at our subcontract assembly and test locations. You will be responsible for test programs, test hardware, production qualification, and overcoming barriers to Overall Equipment Effectiveness. We look to all of our test engineering personnel to innovate and drive operational and quality excellence. This position interfaces with R&D staff as well as with Operations personnel and the subcontractor’s test staff.
- Design, develop, and implement cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting analog and mixed-signal power management semiconductor products
- Prepare test and diagnostic programs, design test fixtures and equipment, and complete the required specifications and procedures for new product development
- Support and be responsible for new innovative approaches in sustaining continuous improvement of production test for multiple products
- Ensure timely transfer of engineering and production test packages for Wafer sort and Final test to various test sites
- Interact with Asian facilities for test engineering and sustenance-related matters
- BSEE or equivalent, MSEE preferred.
- Experience/knowledge: 5 years of relevant experience in analog product test engineering responsibility, production support and new product introduction.
- Experience in C++ programming, computer hardware, and networking related to semiconductor ATE systems.
- A strong understanding of statistical methods of tester and program comparisons is preferred.
- Business focus with strong planning, coordination, analytical and communication skills.
- English fluency, other languages desirable
- Conscientious, analytical, independent and accurate work practices and organization
- Communication skills for working in cross-functional and international teams
- History of operating successfully in a high volume production environment
- Ability to learn and willingness to do further training
- Ability to work independently is required
- Hand-on mentality and the willingness and the ability for problem solving
- Travel as needed to several Asian factory locations (10% to 30%)