Channel Sales Engineer
Channel Sales Engineer – Americas
The individual will report to the Director of Channel Sales. He or she will be responsible for technical support and product training to our Channel Partners. The position will require a solid understanding of the PI product portfolio, the PI Expert design software and the ability to present the right solutions highlighting the PI value proposition. The position also requires a deep understanding of our Channel Partners network and the ability to develop close relationships with each member of their FAE and Sales team.
- Technical lead and first point of contact for all Channel requests and support
- Support the Sales Director with a technical training program for our Channel Partner AM’s & FAE’s
- Develop and present technical presentations for the Channel training program & customer’s seminars
- Prepare technical solutions for Channel FAE’s and their customers explaining PI’s product features and benefits
- Pre-sales support to provide assurances to the FAE’s/customer that the product will work for the application
- Post-sales support to assist with integration of the product into the design/working scenario or to help the customer out of a problem situation with the product
- Recommend appropriate PI products based on customer needs to meet customers’ design requirements.
- Extensive travel required to Channel Partners & selected focus customers.
- BSEE required
- Minimum 3 yrs. working experience with AC/DC circuit application.
- Experience in power electronics with emphasis on power conversion topologies (Buck, Boost, Flyback, Forward ,LLC,PFC converters)
- Good understanding of SMPS industry and Lighting solution in the market
- Good understanding of market trends and design cycles.
- Experience in applications and/or design of end equipment using control ICs & power semiconductors
- Exposure to PCB layout, lab equipment (including EMC testing’s…) and schematic capture is a benefit
- Strong presentation skills a must
- Experience working with Electronic Component Distributors an strong asset
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with all team members
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated
- Be able to withstand and work in fast changing market conditions.