Medical Director Veterinarian - Thrive Mesquite
We are looking for a passionate Medical Director / Urgent Care Veterinarian to lead our team at Thrive Pet Healthcare Mesquite! If you want to make a difference in delivering exceptional medicine in a fast-paced environment, please read on!
The Medical Director is the leader of the hospital who partners with the practice manager, and hospital leadership team to effect positive change, growth, and development of the hospital. They are influential in the vision and direction of the hospital and are actively involved in fostering a positive culture while ensuring high standards of patient and client care.
We are excited to open a new urgent care location to expand to our clientele in Mesquite, Texas. This is a great opportunity for either a general practitioner who wants to see more complicated cases OR for an emergency veterinarian who is looking for more routine hours and a less hectic workload.
The Urgent Care hours are 10 am – 10 pm or 12 pm – 10 pm 3-4 shifts per week.
Our goal is to relieve pressure from our local and busy ER hospitals, help our awesome referring veterinary community, and provide exceptional service to our loyal clients. This position will make a positive impact on your patients, clients, and colleagues’ lives!
- Minor emergencies that are not life-threatening such as lacerations, limping/painful pets, hypersensitivity reactions, vomiting and/or diarrhea without significant dehydration, ear infections causing discomfort, urinary tract infections, non-obstructed FLUTD/FUS patients, etc.
- Cases that are referred by general practice veterinarians because they are unable to see them in a timely manner and fit within the scope of care we provide.
- Loyal, passionate about great patient care, good with people and plays well with others.
- Exemplifies our guiding principles: Quality, Integrity, Compassion, and Service.
- Strong communicator, team-player mentality, and values collaboration.
- Internship training and/or experience in either GP or ER hospitals is preferred, an openness to continuous learning is a must!
Competence in basic emergency surgery is not a requirement.
Thrive Pet Healthcare is proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members
Our benefits package includes an employer-sponsored 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored health savings account (HSA) match, flexible spending accounts, employer-sponsored life insurance, supplemental life, and disability insurance, legal & identity theft plans, paid time off, paid parental leave, 3 days of "purr-ental" leave when you adopt a new pet, paid bereavement leave (one day of which can be used for loss of your beloved pet), paid uniforms for all staff, subsidized back up care & family care benefits, veterinary-specific employee assistance program, fertility/adoption/surrogacy support, and discounts, student loan education & refinancing, Perks at Work discount marketplace, a very generous veterinary service discount for your pets (Pet Perks), as well as continuing education, and an annual discretionary fund.
We celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.