* Medical Director, Veterinarian - Original
Medical Director, Veterinarian
San Jose Animal Hospital
San Jose Animal Hospital, a Thrive Pet Healthcare partner, we recognize what you and your team face each day. Through our collaborative community of veterinary care providers, you'll have the support, tools, and resources you need to take your practice to the next level because we wholeheartedly believe in you, and your ability to provide the very best care for your patients.
Who we are
At San Jose Animal Hospital you’ll feel the warmth and openness of a unique clinic while having the opportunity and security of a united network that has your back.
Our team is looking for a Medical Director, Veterinarian to join our team. Our philosophy is to be fair and transparent with our clients and advocates for their pets. We offer transparency, simplicity, and options to best meet our client's needs. Our hospital focuses on practice with a "family feel" in addition to our Emotional Intelligence and Direct Communication training (courses to empower people to stimulate positive change within their practices).
San Jose is a large city surrounded by rolling hills in the Silicon Valley within California’s Bay Area.
Who we are looking for
· A strong leader who wants to build a great medical team.
· 3 or more years of experience as a veterinarian.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills.
· Sound medical reasoning skills and strong medical ethics.
Provide your best care as a Thrive Pet Healthcare veterinarian.
As Medical Director, you’ll have the guidance and resources to excel as a leader. This includes access to a Medical Initiatives Committee and Thrive Certified Leader Curriculum to become stronger and more equipped to develop your practice.
Our veterinarians form a vast peer network of multi-disciplinary experts who are here to bolster your professional and personal wellbeing. When you need to rebalance, you’ll have access to resources and benefits that are meaningful because they’re built around nurturing your mental health. This means taking the time you need with options for flexible scheduling to fit every phase of your career and life.
Our network of hospitals provides the career mobility you need to fit your career and life. You’ll have customizable learning through our top-notch development and training engine, including CE libraries, mentorship, industry-leading educational programs, and more.
The success of your patients’ care matters to you, and your success matters to us. Our progressive compensation model includes competitive base salaries with production compensation opportunities. Plus, no negative accrual.
Experience & Skills Requirements
· Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM / VMD) or equivalent degree required.
· State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date.
· Active DEA license or DEA licensure eligible.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
· Paid time off including 8-weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions.
· Pet perks include free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations.
· Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
· Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions.
· Continuing education support through free courses, CE credits and paid time off to complete.
And so much more!
Plus, we have a Medical Excellence & Education platform including a Clinical Research Committee, Specialty Directors Board, Doctor Mentorship Committee, and more. This platform is designed to support and empower you with the knowledge, tools, and resources to strengthen and nurture your professional journey.
To learn more about this amazing opportunity, apply today or reach out to us at [email protected].
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with an annual PROSAL range starting at $200,000 / year. The actual salary offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.