Accounting Manager, Mexico
Accounting Manager, Mexico
Finance Group Mexico City, Mexico
- Required: Mexico City, Mexico (Office Based)
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people in a natural, intuitive way to the digital experiences they care about. We develop our products with a powerful blend of artistic design, surprising science, and innovation driven by consumer insight.
Position at Logitech
We are seeking an Accounting Manager, Mexico to lead our Mexico Controllership function. This role will be a full-time office based position in our Mexico City office. The candidate will report to the Head of Global Accounting and Consolidation within the Controllership Organization with a dotted reporting line to the Head of Americas Tax. This role will have significant interaction with teams across Controllership and Finance including Regional Controllership, Business Finance, Treasury, Tax, IT and Legal to ensure accurate, complete, and timely compliance activities on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. We are looking to hire a motivated professional and a team player with strong initiative, good communication skills and proven experience as an accounting leader in Mexico to join our team in the role of Accounting Manager, Mexico. This is a high impact, high visibility role supporting the global Finance Organization at Logitech.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. Share our passion for Equality and the Environment. These are the behaviors and values you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Manage the Mexico monthly end-to-end local accounting process in partnership with the 3rd party provider to ensure successful execution of accounting, tax, and payroll activities and all required compliance deadlines including fiscal reporting requirements in Mexico, including direct and indirect tax filings, annual tax provision, and tax payments.
- Supervise the 3rd party provider through month-end, quarter-end, and annual close processes, including, but not limited to review of journal entries, review of account reconciliations, review of control activities and oversight for the electronic invoicing process/requirements.
- Responsible for statutory accounting activities within Mexico to ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial statements and coordination of external audit activities.
- Serve as Logitech Mexico’s local legal representative for tax purposes and responsible for communicating with local tax authorities and overseeing tax audits.
- Monitor intercompany transactions and compliance to transfer pricing policy.
- Stay informed about current legislation and requirements that would impact Mexico accounting activities.
- Serve as a change agent for system improvements including automation and partner with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to automate and streamline manual processes.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives and support with any ad-hoc requests from cross-functional teams.
- Build strong partnerships within Regional Controllership Teams, Regional Finance, Global Tax, and IT to enable accuracy of financial statements and to support the business on cross functional initiative/projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum of 6 years in an accounting management position at a public company within a Global Organization; experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm is highly preferred along with relevant SOX knowledge.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification strongly preferred.
- Proven expense in understanding and documenting Mexican statutory GAAP differences compared to US GAAP
- Prior management of tax compliance activities in Mexico
- Strong data analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy as well as ability to see the bigger picture. Ability to effectively prioritize to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Self-started with strong communication and project management skills, with the ability to work independently and in a team environment; has experience working within a fast paced, global organization.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex accounting and tax information to various audiences to support informed business and financial decision making.
- Strong change-oriented mindset with experience in managing process improvement initiatives.
- Fluent in English
- Experience with Oracle is a plus.