Senior Technical Writer
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Senior Technical Writer
Location: Panama City, FL
Security Clearance Level: Secret
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Senior Technical Writer support for the Naval Surface Warfare Center Panama City Division (NSWC PCD) Logistics and Technical Support effort. Duties include the following:
- Assist in the development and revision of technical publications and engineering drawings using the guidance MIL-STD-31000B and its referenced ASME specifications.
- Provide XML coding requirements for electronic Technical Manual conversions as required.
- Provide support using the content management software utilized in creating and publishing S1000D IETMs using the NSWC PCD S1000D Business Rules for guidance.
- Create, review, and update training materials, including Navy Training Systems Plans (NTSP), curriculum, Computer Based Training (CBT), Digital Video Products (DVP) and program documents to assess and ensure training materials meet schoolhouse requirements.
- Produce or provide input to briefing packages and meeting minutes.
- Provide technical support to NSWC PCD in the development of training materials and in conducting training in support of Contractor Testing (CT), Demonstration Testing (DT), and Operational Testing (OT) events.
- Create, update, and convert training material to meet Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) compliance, to include Computer Based Training (CBT) and Digital Video Products.
- Participate in training Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings including factory courses, formal schoolhouse curriculum development and update, factory course conduct, and pilot courses.
- Develop training packages from Government supplied source data to ensure compliance with Navy requirements.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Seven (7) years or more of experience in XML coding requirements for electronic Technical Manual conversions.
- Recent experience (within the last 2 years) with the content management software used in creating and publishing S1000D Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs).
- Seven (7) years or more of experience with ATA/ASD S1000D technical publications specification. Specifically with tagging, data module requirements list development, and illustration control numbering.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have effective organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be proficient with common productivity software including Microsoft Office, Outlook and SharePoint.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.