Visitor Management Specialist (Part Time)
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Part Time
Position Status: Open
Position Title: Visitor Management Specialist
Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance Level: Candidate must be able to obtain a favorable DHS suitability determination.
Duties and Responsibilities
Part time opportunities for weekend and holiday shifts as well as on-call opportunities to cover weekday shifts. Provide visitor management support to Federal Protective Service (FPS) Visitor Management and Access Control (VMAC) program office located at the St. Elizabeths Campus, Washington D.C. VMAC is responsible for overseeing the Visitor Management and Access Control at St. Elizabeths providing security at the facilities, positive control of all visitors and safety of employees on site. Tasks include the following:
- Ensure the visitor is located with the Visitor Management System (VMS) prior to assigning the visitor a visitor badge.
- For visitors that are not issued a Common Access Card (CAC) or Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card, ensure the visitor’s identification is an authentic government issued identification card, per issued guidelines, to include the Real ID Act.
- Issue parking passes that are approved in either VMS or by the Security Office.
- Follow all guidance provided by FPS pertaining to large events and ceremonies specific to the St. Elizabeths campus.
- Coordinate directly with FPS technical representatives to ensure requests are processed in a manner that meets Agency operational needs, address non-routine visitor requests, and/or alert Security offices to any visitor emergency needs that affect the life or safety of others or present a threat to the government facility or property.
- Answer telephones and electronic emails as they pertain to Visitor Management duties.
- Conduct background checks using the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database to include:
- Adjudicate results by using established policies and procedures as they pertain to visitor access control requests.
- Research criminal history by reviewing court case information relating to arrests, history, and dispositions.
- Conduct secondary inquiries into immigration databases through the National Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (NLETS) and render approval or denial of Campus visit requests based upon potential visitors’ criminal history in accordance with established policies.
- Process all visitor to allow access to work site location in line with established policies and procedures by using the Visitor Management System (VMS) and other Information Technology systems provided. The VMS is a workflow-based program that facilitates the submission of visit requests by authorized campus employees. The VMS also allows for the processing and approval of the requests by Visitor Management personnel.
- Support Stakeholders and FPS for coordination of Visitor Management aspects of large events and ceremonies on the St. Elizabeths campus.
- Assist with managing the visitor management portion of upper campus construction projects.
- Attend reoccurring construction meetings relating to upcoming projects, events, personnel changes, and scheduling.
- Provide briefings on behalf of FPS to visitors, advising of procedures, policies, and addendums pertinent to approved campus access.
- Provide support for yearly events. St. Elizabeths holds between 150 to 200 events per year.
- Maintain confidentiality and Personal Identification Information (PII). Information in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974 and DHS policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with other branches and divisions within the organization to accomplish tasks.
- Provide assistance, as needed, with special projects.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in visitor management in private, public or federal facilities that require controlled access processes, five (5) years’ experience conducting analytical and support activities related to visitor management desired.
- Experience should include reviewing and approving visit requests to facilities requiring controlled access in accordance with organizational policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to conduct detailed research and analysis of technical data.
- Ability to read and interpret management policy, regulations, and directives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 or higher to include Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively with a group or independently.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.