Cloud Subject Matter Expert
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Cloud Subject Matter Expert
Location: Arlington, VA
Duties and Responsibilities
The Cloud Subject Matter Expert (SME) supports this Transportation Security Administration Information Technology (TSA IT) Task Order (TO) by performing security evaluations of Cloud services to determine what security protections are available, what residual risk would remain after security protections are put in place, and any mitigations which could be put in place elsewhere to help reduce any residual risk. Duties include the following:
- Becomes and remains familiar with TSA and DHS security policies and Technical Standards relating to the configuration and operation of operating systems to facilitate effective security assessments.
- Makes recommendations for updates, additions, and modifications to TSA security policy as gaps or deficiencies in security policy are identified.
- Performs tasks in accordance with all established processes and procedures, provides recommendations to update existing, or create new, processes, procedures, and templates to improve the Information Assurance & Cybersecurity Division’s (IAD’s) security evaluation program.
- Engages with evaluation stakeholders to gather all required information needed to create detailed evaluation plans.
- Conducts evaluation activities in accordance with established evaluation plans. Provides subject matter expertise concerning the security aspects of the Cloud services being evaluated. In addition, provides ad-hoc cloud service evaluation engagements of a non-standard nature as they are identified to provide a benefit to IAD’s security evaluation requirements.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- At least ten (10) years of technical IT security experience. Such experience can come from system or network administration, security testing and evaluation, applications development, working with Cloud deployments, IT project implementation, or other similar technical activities.
- At least five (5) years of experience performing Cloud security functions.
- At least one (1) year of experience performing Cloud functions for Federal IT systems.
- Ability to work independently/minimal oversight.
- Required Certifications or other relevant certifications: CCSP, CISSP.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and technical writing skills to be able to document findings in reports.
- Experience with Cloud services: OKTA, McAfee MVision Cloud, Amazon Lightsail, Azure SQL, and Microsoft.
- Expertise knowledge of PaaS, IaaS and SaaS.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.