Cyber Engagement Scheduling Team Lead
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Cyber Engagement Scheduling Team Lead
Location: National Capital Region
Security Clearance: Secret
Duties and Responsibilities
The Cyber Engagement Scheduling Team Lead supports this Transportation Security Administration Information Technology (TSA IT) Task Order (TO) in Engagement Scheduling, Pre-Engagement Coordination & Readiness Evaluation, and Engagement Planning. Team duties include the following:
- Conduct the engagement scheduling activities as described in the Task Background and Sub-Task Description for this task.
- Follow all established processes and procedures for scheduling of engagements and maintenance of the engagement schedule.
- Provide recommendations to improve the engagement request intake, workflow, and overall management of the engagement schedule.
- Receive and track requests for security testing, scanning, or evaluations.
- Communicate back to the requester with the appropriate data call and indicate that assistance with the data call can be handled by contractor personnel supporting Pre-Engagement Coordination and Readiness Evaluation.
- Collect information for each engagement from the Readiness Review team and the Engagement team to determine if any additional assets were discovered that had not been identified on the data call; determine level of effort it took to complete the engagement, to include the final report; identify other information items related to engagements which could be useful to improve any of the processes used pre-engagement, during an engagement, or post engagement; and perform analytics on information gathered concerning engagements to further refine and improve processes related to support and performance of engagements.
- Obtain completed data calls from contractor personnel supporting sub-task 3.4.2 to estimate the duration the engagement will take to complete considering the following factors:
- Engagement durations are dependent upon the number of the types of assets to be tested, the number of personnel assigned to perform the engagement, and the amount of time (generally in weeks) assigned to the engagement.
- In general, Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Division (IAD) assumes that increasing the number of weeks for an engagement can reduce the number of contractor personnel required to perform the testing or evaluation, and vice versa.
- Maintain the engagement schedule to ensure that it stays up to date on a daily basis.
- Recommend additional methods to convey information within the engagement schedule so that it can be modified to better support IAD.
- Work with the Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) team to identify engagement priorities when multiple engagements are in conflict with scheduling dates.
- Coordinate with request stakeholders (which can include project team members, IAD GRC personnel, and potentially other IAD personnel) to determine alternate dates when there is a scheduling conflict.
- Be prepared to provide rationale used to estimate duration and personnel requirements for each of the engagements.
- Support ad-hoc engagement scheduling activities of a non-standard nature as they are identified to provide a benefit to IAD’s security testing requirements.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- IT security certifications, or an IT degree.
- At least three (3) years of IT security experience. Such experience can come from system or network administration, security analysis, security testing and evaluation, security incident response, security monitoring, IT project implementation, security research, or other similar activities.
- At least three (3) years of experience leading tasks requiring extremely strong organizational skills, flexibility, and regularly shifting schedules & priorities.
- At least three (3) years of experience supporting teams performing security testing (for example: engagement preparation, engagement scheduling, pre-engagement audit, stakeholder liaison, etc.). This experience does not have to come from actually performing security testing engagements, but must include regular interface with such teams.
- Extremely strong communication skills to be able to interact with individuals submitting engagement requests, GRC personnel, IAD personnel, and IAD management to explain scheduling complexities as they arise.
- Exceptional ability to work with others to enable good communications and to be able to convey changes to schedules while minimizing irritation of project stakeholders having the dates of their testing engagement changed.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.