Cloud Subject Matter Expert Team Lead
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Cloud Subject Matter Expert
Location: National Capital Region
Security Clearance: Secret
Duties and Responsibilities
The Cloud Subject Matter Expert Team Lead supports this Transportation Security Administration Information Technology (TSA IT) Task Order (TO) by providing expertise for the majority of commonly used Cloud services within Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS), many of the popular Salesforce apps within their AppExchange, and be very familiar with configuration options within O365. For other Cloud services (like OKTA or MVision Cloud), the Cloud SME support must be able to quickly become very knowledgeable of those services so that they can offer informed guidance and recommendations for successful and secure use of those Cloud services can be achieved by the TSA.
Team duties include the following:
- Engage with project teams identified by Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Division (IAD) to ensure IAD is aware of new Cloud services and solutions under consideration for use by the TSA.
- Provide Cloud expert knowledge to include:
- Basic Cloud functionality within AWS, Azure, Salesforce, and O365.
- Most commonly used Cloud services within AWS and Azure.
- Use of, and typical security considerations for, Cloud services which are less commonly used within AWS and Azure.
- Basic Salesforce platform including both operational and security configuration options, differences between the different Salesforce user licensing types, in-depth knowledge of the granular level of permissions available for assignment within Salesforce, and methods of applying security at various levels within the platform.
- Security risks and concerns associated with mixing information/data from different applications into co-mingled Salesforce objects.
- O365 platform including both operational and security configuration options, knowledge of Azure Active Directory, knowledge of hybrid deployment models, how O365 stores data, best security practices, and knowledge of O365 implementations by other organizations/Agencies.
- Provide SME support for any IaaS-, PaaS-, or SaaS-focused Cloud solution that TSA selects for use.
- Provide insight and recommendations on the best methods to integrate use of AWS and Azure Cloud services into TSA FISMA systems in as secure a manner as possible.
- Provide insight and recommendations on the best methods to integrate use of Salesforce into TSA FISMA systems in as secure a manner as possible.
- Provide insight and recommendations on the best methods to integrate use of O365 into TSA networks and FISMA systems in as secure a manner as possible.
- Coordinate with other IAD branches to determine their needs with regards to Cloud offerings and services and assist them with identifying the best methods for satisfying their requirements with any of TSA’s Cloud implementations.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- At least ten (10) years of technical IT security experience. Such experience can come from system or network administration, security testing and evaluation, applications development, working with Cloud deployments, IT project implementation, or other similar technical activities.
- At least five (5) years of experience performing Cloud security functions.
- At least one (1) year of experience performing Cloud functions for Federal IT systems.
- If providing support for specific Clouds, must have at least three (3) years of experience working with that Cloud (i.e. if a contractor is providing support for AWS, they must have at least three years of experience supporting AWS).
- Experience with NIST and FIPS security controls, DISA STIGs, and CIS standards.
- Experience working in groups acting as the sole security practitioner, as well as be able to participate in a small team of security personnel supporting the same project.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.